Dual Enrollment Eligibility
Admission Requirements (students from non-accredited programs)
An applicant who is in the process of completing high school graduation requirements under a non-accredited home school program or at a non-accredited high school may be considered for admission to the Dual Enrollment program.
Applicants in this category must be 16 to 18 years of age and must submit the following required documents by the application due date of the anticipated term of enrollment.
GPC Application for Admission accompanied by a $20 non-refundable fee
- GPC’s application is available online at www.gacollege411.org. This is a state-authorized site for college applications in Georgia. A GAcollege411 account is required to submit an application.
- A GPC application is valid for three (3) consecutive terms, including the term of application.
Official College Board or ACT score report with required SAT and/or ACT test scores.
- Information for requesting official scores or documentation may be found at the SAT, ACT, CLEP, AP and IB websites.
- Minimum official SAT combined score of 970 or minimum ACT composite score of 20.
- Exemption from Learning Support minimum SAT Critical Reading score of 480 and math score of 440 or
- Minimum ACT English score of 20 and math score of 18.
Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States
- Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States in order to qualify for in-state tuition classification.
Home School Portfolio: A Home School Portfolio Summary form along with supporting documentation.
- The summary form and documentation must substantiate completion of all College Preparatory Curriculum units equivalent to a Georgia public high school sophomore. Failure to submit adequate supporting documentation will delay admission processing. Official transcripts from any regionally accredited public or private high schools attended also must be submitted with the portfolio.
Declaration of Intent to Utilize a Home Study Program submitted to the local school district.
- Information on this form may be verified with the local school district.
Parental Permission Form
- A Parental Permission form signed by the parent or guardian granting permission to participate in the program.
- Applicants must satisfy immunization requirements set by the state of Georgia.
Document Upload System
- Applicants may upload many documents required for admission, except for official transcripts, test scores, or birth certificates.
Additional Admission Requirements
- Visit the Dual Enrollment website for more information.
- All grades issued to Dual Enrollment students will be recorded as letter grades based on the college’s grading system. College instructors will not issue numerical grades.