An applicant who already holds a baccalaureate or higher degree and does not wish to complete requirements for a certificate or associate degree from Georgia Perimeter College is considered a special student. It is the applicant’s responsibility to show that all prerequisites for courses to be taken have been met.
Guaranteed Admission: Special/Degreed applicants will be guaranteed admission after submitting an application, application fee and an official college transcript indicating the date and degree awarded from a regionally accredited college or university. See below for specific documents for admission and registration.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION REGARDING THE ADMISSION AND REGISTRATION OF SPECIAL/DEGREED STUDENTS!
- A Special student may take any course offered, however, if that course requires a pre-requisite (i.e. Spanish I before Spanish II), the student must demonstrate to the campus department chair for that course that he/she has taken the pre-requisite course and/or has any required test scores before he/she may be allowed to register for that course.
- Special students are not eligible to receive Federal or State financial aid. This includes student loans.
- Should a special student wish to change status and become a degree seeking transfer student at GPC, he/she must apply for a change of status, and provide official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended. In a VERY limited number of situations, a student may also need to provide a high school transcript showing graduation.
Special/Degreed applicants need to submit the following documents:
The transcript needs to indicate the date and degree awarded from the regionally accredited college or university attended. If the college or university is located in a country, state, territory, or province in which English is not the primary and official language, additional testing requirements may be necessary -- see below.
- Please note that for applicants some countries allowing for a 3 year bachelor's degree (i.e. India), or less than 10 years for secondary education (i.e.The Philippines) , we may require proof of an additional year of study past the Bachelor's degree.
- Also, if an applicant's secondary education and the Bachelor's degree was received in a country, state, province or territory where the primary and/or official language is not English, we may require an applicant to take the COMPASS ESL test prior to admission and registration.
Countries, Territories, States & Provinces in which English is considered as the primary and/or official language are: Anguilla, Antigua, Australia, Barbados, Bermuda, Bahamas, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Canada (except Québec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, Nevis & St. Kitts, South Africa, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos, United Kingdom ( England, Scotland, Northern Ireland & Wales), & the United States & US Territories (except Puerto Rico).
Applicants must satisfy immunization requirements set by the state of Georgia
Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States in order to qualify for in-state tuition classification.