GPC Application for Admission accompanied by a $20 non-refundable fee
- GPC’s application is available online at www.gacollege411.org. This is a state-authorized site for college applications in Georgia. A GAcollege411 account is required to submit an application.
- A GPC application is valid for three (3) consecutive terms, including the term of application.
Official SACS or regionally accredited high school transcript with date of graduation
- Official Transcript with date of graduation from a SACS or regionally accredited High School.
- Certificates of Performance or Special Education diplomas are not acceptable.
- General Education Development (GED) applicants are required to submit official GED exam passing scores. A high school transcript is not required for students who have a passing GED score.
Official transcript from each college, university or technical college attended
- This applies only to applicants with less than 30 transferable credit hours.
- Speak to the registrar at your former institution(s) to send transcripts to GPC.
- Applicants must be eligible to return to the last institution they attended.
Minimum test scores on the Computer Adaptive Placement Assessment and Support System (COMPASS) test(s) and/or eligible Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP),SAT or ACT test scores.
Do NOT pay for expedited delivery of SAT and/or ACT scores. GPC requires 5 - 7 business days to process each admission document after it is received.
Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States
- Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States in order to qualify for in-state tuition classification.
- Applicants must satisfy immunization requirements set by the state of Georgia.
Document Upload System
- Applicants may upload many documents required for admission, except for official transcripts, test scores, or birth certificates.
COMPASS Placement Test Table
GPC uses the COMPASS (Computer Adaptive Placement Assessment and Support System) as its course placement testing tool. GPC does not require SAT or ACT scores. Students may submit scores that meet COMPASS test exemption criteria. The COMPASS test measures English, reading and math abilities.
College Level Classes Score RequirementsClass Score Range Class Score Range Score Range
ENGLISH 1101 64 or higher ENGLISH 0098 32 - 63 31 or lower
READING 1101 74 or higher READING 0098 62 - 73 61 or lower
COLLEGE MATH 37 or higher MATH 0098 20 - 36 19 or lower
Students who place into all three (3) areas of Learning Support are not eligible for admission to GPC.
Students are eligible for one (1) retest immediately. Additional retests (as needed) may occur 30 days after the initial retest. Each retest requires the $20 COMPASS test fee. Visit the Testing website to view COMPASS test practice materials as well as testing center information.
COMPASS Exemption Requirements
Test scores ( SAT or ACT) must be less than seven (7) years old from the first day of class of your specified application term. You may partially or fully exempt COMPASS placement testing if you have one of the following:
- SAT Verbal/Critical Reading score of 480 and/or SAT Mathematics score of 440 or higher.
- ACT English score of 20 and/or ACT Mathematics score of 18.
- College credit for English composition or college algebra (or higher) earned and officially reported in the form of AP (Advanced Placement), IB (International Baccalaureate) or CLEP (College-Level Examination Program) scores and no CPC/RHSC deficiencies.
- A college transcript from a regionally accredited institution showing that you have English composition and/or college algebra college credit that GPC can accept.