Prime-Timers Tuition Exemption Program
Georgia Perimeter College's Prime Timer Tuition Exemption Program
Under rules set by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia, GPC allows an exemption of tuition fees for legal residents of Georgia who are age 62 or older.
- You must apply to and be admitted to Georgia Perimeter College.
- You must fill out and sign the bottom portion of the Prime Timer/Senior Citizens "Try College" Program Request form.
- You must provide evidence that you will be at least 62 years of age at the time of registration for courses, AND
- You must provide evidence that you have been a legal resident of Georgia for at least one year.
* PLEASE NOTE: A current Georgia Driver's License or Georgia State ID card -- issued more than one year prior to the day classes will start -- can be used to satisfy both proof of age and legal residency requirements above.
There is no limit on the number of courses you may take at Georgia Perimeter College under the Prime Timer Tuition Exemption Program. However, there are a couple of limitations you should know:
- The program does not cover the non-refundable $20.00 application fee, required testing fees, any applicable laboratory fees, required books, or supplies.
- Students on this program must register for courses on a "space available" basis only on the date designated in the academic calendar for the term of registration.