Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher on your official SACS or regionally accredited high school transcript
- GPC will recalculate the GPA based upon University System of Georgia approved Required High School Curriculum (RHSC)/College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) coursework.
GPC Application for Admission accompanied by a $20 non-refundable fee
- GPC’s application is available online at apply.gpc.edu.
- A GPC application is valid for three (3) consecutive terms, including the term of application.
Official SACS or regionally accredited high school transcript with date of graduation
- Official Transcript with date of graduation from a SACS or regionally accredited High School.
- Certificates of Performance or Special Education diplomas are not acceptable.
- General Educational Development (GED) applicants are required to submit official GED exam passing scores and SACS or regionally accredited high school transcript.
Official transcript from each college, university or technical college attended
- This applies only to applicants with less than 30 transferable credit hours.
- Speak to the registrar at your former institution(s) to send transcripts to GPC.
Minimum test scores on the Computer Adaptive Placement Assessment and Support System (COMPASS) test(s) and/or eligible Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP),SAT or ACT test scores.
Do NOT pay for expedited delivery of SAT and/or ACT scores. GPC requires 5 - 7 business days to process each admission document after it is received.
Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States
- Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States in order to qualify for in-state tuition classification.
- Applicants must satisfy immunization requirements set by the state of Georgia.
Document Upload System
- Applicants may upload most documents required for admission, except for official transcripts, test scores, or birth certificates.
Required High School Curriculum (RHSC)/ College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC)
- Four (4) units of mathematics.
- Four (4) units of English.
- Four (4) units of science (students graduating prior to 2012 only need three (3) units).
- Three (3) units of social science (including one course focusing on world studies).
- Two (2) units in the same foreign language.
Only high school courses approved by the University System of Georgia may be used to satisfy GPC high school curriculum unit requirements. Here is the USG approved course list.
Students with less than the four (4) units of English or math are required to take the COMPASS test. Based on the scores, the student will exempt Learning Support (LS), be placed in the appropriate LS course in English and/or reading and/or mathematics, or need to retest before he/she may be admitted.
COMPASS Placement Test Table
GPC uses the COMPASS (Computer Adaptive Placement Assessment and Support System) as its course placement testing tool. GPC does not require SAT or ACT scores. Students may submit scores that meet COMPASS test exemption criteria. The COMPASS test measures English, reading and math abilities.
College Level Classes Score RequirementsClass Score Range Class Score Range Score Range
ENGLISH 1101 64 or higher ENGLISH 0098 32 - 63 31 or lower
READING 1101 74 or higher READING 0098 62 - 73 61 or lower
COLLEGE MATH 37 or higher MATH 0098 20 - 36 19 or lower
Students who place into all three (3) areas of Learning Support are not eligible for admission to GPC.
Students are eligible for one (1) retest immediately. Additional retests (as needed) may occur 30 days after the initial retest. Each retest requires the $20 COMPASS test fee. Visit the Testing website to view COMPASS test practice materials as well as testing center information.
COMPASS Exemption Requirements
Test scores ( SAT or ACT) must be less than seven (7) years old from the first day of class of your specified application term. You may partially or fully exempt COMPASS placement testing if you have one of the following:
- SAT Verbal/Critical Reading score of 480 or higher and no CPC/RHSC deficiencies.
- SAT Mathematics score of 440 or higher and no CPC/RHSC deficiencies.
- ACT Mathematics score of 18 and no CPC/RHSC deficiencies.
- ACT English score of 20 and no CPC/RHSC deficiencies.
- College credit for English composition or college algebra (or higher) earned and officially reported in the form of AP (Advanced Placement), IB (International Baccalaureate) or CLEP (College-Level Examination Program) scores and no CPC/RHSC deficiencies.
- A college transcript from a regionally accredited institution showing that you have English composition and/or college algebra college credit that GPC can accept.
Limited Admissions (Presidential Exceptions)
A Presidential Exception may be available to students who do not have all required CPC/RHSC units. GPC has a very limited number of Presidential Exceptions. Here is the priority schedule of consideration for students who do not have all required CPC/RHSC units.
- Applicants with final high school GPA of 2.0 or higher in RHSC coursework and deficient in only one CPC/RHSC area (not in English or math).
- Applicants with final high school GPA of 2.0 or higher in RHSC coursework and deficient in only one CPC/RHSC area in English or math.
- Applicants with final high school GPA of 2.0 or higher in RHSC coursework and deficient in more than one CPC/RHSC area.
- Applicants with final high school GPA of less than 2.0 in RHSC coursework and no deficiencies in any CPC/RHSC area.
- Applicants with final high school GPA of less than 2.0 in RHSC coursework and with deficiencies in any CPC/RHSC area.
A pre-admitted student is one who has not completed high school graduation requirements, but is on track to graduate. A pre-admitted student will receive a letter of admission but will not be able to register for coursework until all admissions requirements have been met.
GPC will pre-admit applicants who meet the following requirements prior to high school graduation.
- A minimum GPA on all RHSC courses of 2.0 or higher.
- Official SAT/ACT scores that would exempt placement testing.
- Registration on high school transcript indicating applicant is on track to complete all CPC/RHSC coursework.
- Except for final high school transcript, all other admissions requirements are be satisfied.
GPC will send a letter of congratulations to students who qualify for pre-admission. Full admission will be granted upon receipt of the final, official SACS or regionally accredited high school transcript showing graduation and completion of all RHSC coursework. In those cases where the final transcript does not indicate completion of all RHSC coursework, pre-admission will be cancelled, and the student’s potential admission under a Presidential Exception may be considered.
A conditionally admitted student is one who has completed high school graduation requirements, but is unable to provide a final transcript showing graduation date from high school. A conditionally admitted student will be able to register for coursework for the term, but must provide the transcript showing graduation before he/she may register for any subsequent term.
GPC will conditionally admit applicants who meet the following requirements prior to high school graduation. There are significant limitations placed upon conditionally admitted students:
- Financial aid or Georgia’s HOPE (Helping Outstanding Students Educationally) program will not be available until the conditional admission is changed to full freshman admission. Students must be prepared to pay all tuition and fees due at the time of registration. Upon attainment of full admission, the student may be eligible for application of financial aid funds, and receive a refund.
- If the student cannot demonstrate by means of an official transcript the full completion of math and/or English RHSC units at the time of registration, REGARDLESS of any SAT or ACT scores, he/she will have to take the respective COMPASS placement test(s) in math, English, and/or reading, and attain sufficient scores to exempt Learning Support requirements.
- If the student does not in fact graduate as indicated, the student is subject to removal from classes with no credit awarded, and any refund would be subject to college policies.
The requirements for a conditional admission are:
- A minimum GPA on all RHSC courses of 2.0 or higher on the available transcript.
- Completed Request for Conditional Admission, signed by student, high school counselor or administrator, and parent/guardian.
- The most up-to-date official high school (SACS or regionally accredited) transcript available.
- COMPASS test scores that waive learning support or proven RHSC completions in math and/or English with appropriate, relevant SAT/ACT scores.
- Except for the final high school transcript, all other admissions requirements must be satisfied.