Botany faculty and students at UF have excellent facilities to draw upon for research, teaching, and learning.
The Florida Museum of Natural History is a unique and bountiful resource, and includes the following:
- Molecular Systematics & Evolutionary Genetics Lab (located in Dickinson Hall)
- University of Florida Herbarium (located in Dickinson Hall)
- FLMNH Paleobotanical Collection (located in Dickinson Hall)
- The Fossil Plant Garden (located at Powell Hall, the main education and exhibit center)
- Florida Wildflower and Butterfly Garden (located at Powell Hall, the main education and exhibit center)
The Botany Greenhouses are home to the botany course teaching collection and are used to grow research plants.
The Ethnoecology Garden maintains a collection of economic plants from around the world and can serve as a teaching and experimental garden.
The Ordway-Swisher Biological Station is a research, teaching, and extension facility established to further the study and conservation of unique ecosystems.