Move On When Ready
Fast Forward to Your Future
Start Your College Career Before You Graduate High School!If you’re a qualified senior or junior you can take college courses while
still in high school through Georgia Perimeter College’s Move On When Ready
Program. Credits earned as a Move On When Ready student with GPC will
transfer to most other colleges and universities through-out Georgia and the US.
To be eligible for Move On When Ready, a student must:
- Be a rising Junior or Senior in high school
- Be on track to graduate
- Obtain approval of the high school guidance counselor and parent(s)/legal guardian(s)
- Must remain in good academic standing with a 2.0 GPA or higher at Georgia Perimeter College to
remain eligible for the program
- High School GPA Requirement: 3.0 in core courses on a 4.0 scale as calculated by GPC
- Test scores: Students may take either the ACT or SAT. The following minimum scores are required:
Minimum composite score of 20
ACT English minimum score of 20
ACT Math minimum score of 21
Minimum combined Critical Reading and Math score of 980
SAT Critical Reading minimum score of 480
SAT Math minimum score of 500
Applicants must submit the application, and have all required documents processed by the
- Fall semester deadline: July 1st
- Spring semester deadline: November 1st
- Summer semester deadline: April 1st
- Complete a Georgia Perimeter College application online through gpc.edu/apply or gacollege411.org.
- Be sure to use your correct social security number when you apply
- Be sure to apply as a "Joint Enrollment" student and not "Freshman."
- Use the fee waiver code "MOWR".
- Submit an official high school transcript, preferably uploaded to http://admissions.gpc.edu/upload or gacollege411.org.
- Submit a current Certificate of Immunization to the Student Health Center.
- Submit a GPC MOWR Parental Consent Form.
- Submit a completed Georgia Department of Education MOWR Student Participation Agreement Form signed by student, parent and high school counselor. (This link will take you to the gadoe webpage. Scroll down to find the form)
- Have an official ACT or SAT score report sent directly to GPC from their website.
- The college code for the ACT 0806
- The college code for the SAT is 5711.
- The location is Clarkston, Ga.
- Submit AP scores directly to GPC from the College Board.
- Check your application status regularly. www.gpc.edu/mystatus
- Once an applicant has submitted a GPC application, an official letter indicating a GPC identification number will be mailed
to that applicant. This ID number is required for an applicant to view his/her Check My Status page and sign up for text alerts.
- If you are unsure of your GPC ID, you can retrieve your GPC ID here.
- GPC will review an applicant's record to make an admission decision after all required documents have been submitted,
evaluated and posted to the applicants record.
- An applicant's Check My Status page is the quickest way to view the applicants admission checklist and real-time
admission processing updates, including an admission decision.
to receive a decision is approximately is 4-6 weeks. Please plan accordingly.
Students must apply online for this award each semester. It is not automatic.
Log in to www.gacollege411.org for more information about the MOWR award.
Students who attend Georgia Perimeter College as a Move On When Ready student are eligible for the Move On When Ready
award, which is administered by the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC).
The Move On When Ready award pays tuition, fees and provides textbooks.
The cost for coursework up to 15 semester hours from the GPC MOWR approved course list will be funded by the Georgia Student Finance Commission.
Other cost of attendance expenses including lab fees, course related fees, meals, transportation and personal expenses are the responsibility of the student/parent/guardian.
The cost of any courses not covered under the GPC MOWR approved course list are the financial responsibility of the student/parent/guardian.
Next Steps for Accepted Dual Enrollment Students
These next steps only apply to you if you have already been "admitted" to GPC.
- Complete the paper Move On When Ready Student Participation Agreement Form signed by you, your parent, and your high school guidance counselor.
Bring this completed form to your Dual Enrollment/MOWR Coordinator when you come in to register for classes during your advisement/orientation appointment.
- Complete the Move On When Ready online application for funding EVERY SEMESTER. You must complete the electronic version of the application via the GAcollege411 website.
(Exception: Home school students must complete the Move On When Ready paper application found here.)
- Submit AP scores (if applicable). You may be eligible for college credit for most AP exams on which you scored 3 or higher. Georgia Perimeter College’s code is 5711. Students are responsible for checking with their intended four year institutions to see what they will accept for AP scores as these differ from one institution to another.
- Set up your Georgia Perimeter email account. Set this up right away! Remember that Georgia Perimeter will send all important emails to your Georgia Perimeter email address. Please start using the Georgia Perimeter email to contact us.
- Verify your lawful presence. (If you have not already done so) All admitted students who plan to enroll must comply with the Lawful Presence requirements detailed here. Learner’s permits and high school identification cards are not accepted.
- Submit required immunization records. Contact the GPC Student Health Center for more details and contact information.
- Schedule math placement test. Dual Enrollment/MOWR students must take the Math Placement if they plan to take a Math course higher than Math 1111 (College Algebra). Contact the Testing Center to schedule an appointment for the Math Placement Test. This test will cost $20.
- Call and schedule an advisement/orientation appointment to come in and meet with your MOWR Coordinator for registration. Students taking a GPC course at their high school location/address will not need an appointment.
Policies & Regulations
Student must remain in good academic standing with a 2.0 GPA or higher at Georgia Perimeter College to remain eligible to participate in the program.
Students whose Georgia Perimeter College GPA falls below a 2.0 will not be permitted to continue participation in the Georgia Perimeter College MOWR program.
Georgia Perimeter College Bookstore will loan required textbooks to each student enrolled in the Move On When Ready program each semester, with the agreement that the textbooks will be returned to Georgia Perimeter College Bookstore at the end of each semester.