How to Get the GALILEO Password
To access GALILEO databases when you are not on campus, you must use your GPC username and password and/or the GALILEO password. Full instructions for off-campus access can be found here.
Georgia citizens not affiliated with a University of System of Georgia institution may obtain a password for GALILEO use from their local public library.
How to request the password online:
- From any GPC Libraries webpage, click on the " My Library Account" link. Or, you may access GIL-Find directly.
- Enter your patron barcode, PIN, and your last name. (Your patron barcode is the same as the GPC-ID number, or 900#, on your GPC JCard.) Click "Login".
- A screen will appear with your personal information and the current password.
- Log into iCollege using your GPC username and password. If you do not know your GPC username and password, go to the Get My Login Page.
- From the My iCollege screen or most other screens in iCollege, click on the GALILEO link at the top of the page. The current GALILEO password will be sent automatically, you will not need to type it in.