Accessing, using and understanding the JagLists
*This includes sending and receiving Genmails*Georgia Perimeter College offers the JagLists listserv as a convenient way to communicate with students, faculty and staff that offers unique features. Jaglists allows the GPC community to create and manage electronic "mailing lists" that have advantages over traditional e-mail address books for those wishing to expand communication capabilities and flexibility. Also, a message no longer has to be in plain text. Now you can use HTML to create elaborate and expressive messages, including using a built-in HTML editor.
Some key features of Jaglists are:
- List subscribers can subscribe or unsubscribe to lists at any time.
- Lists are owned by an individual or position in an office.
- A lists owner is responsible for content.
- Communications submitted to the list can moderated if so desired.
- List subscribers can specify options to receive posts individually, or periodically in a consolidated digest form.
- List subscribers can search message archives.
- List subscribers can temporarily suspend subscriptions if they will be away.
Here are some ideas for what you can do with a listserv:
- Advisory Task Forces/Committees/Groups.
- Department Faculty Groups.
- Special Interest Discussion Groups: Create listserv around industry niches, special interest groups or sections.
- Alumni Groups: Create listserv targeted around disciplines or year of attendance.
Clearing Temporary Internet Files
If your browsing has become sluggish, you might want to try clearing the temporary Internet files and cookies.Internet Explorer
- Close all open browsers.
- For view by: Category Select Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options.
- For view by: Large or Small icons Select Internet Options.
- Under the General tab, find the Browsing history section and click the Delete... button.
- A new window will open, Delete Browsing History.
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies, then click Delete.
- You may see one or two smaller windows showing you the deletion progress.
- Click the red X to close the Delete Browsing History window and OK at the bottom to close the Internet Properties window.
- Close all open browsers.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button, go over to the menu (click on the menu in Windows XP) and select .
- Set Time range to clear to Last Hour, Last Two Hours, Last Four Hours, Today or Everything.
- Click on the arrow next to Details to expand the list of history items.
- Select Cookies and whatever else you wish to delete (make sure that other items you want to keep are not selected).
- Click to clear the cookies and close the Clear Recent History window.
Need more information?
GPC offers employees instructional courses, which cover advanced settings and configurations for Microsoft Office products and other GPC supported software. Take a look at the Instructional Technology Services page or their schedule of courses. Sign up for one today.