Clarkston English Faculty & Staff Directory
Associate Professor of English
ENGL 1101 English Composition I
ENGL 1102 English Composition II
ENGL 2110 World Literature
- ENGL 2130 American Literature
- ENGL 2600 Creative Writing
Mr. Diebert is the poetry editor for The Chattahoochee Review, PC's in-house literary journal, and co-facilitates the Writers' Forum on the Clarkston campus. He is a published poet and the author of the collection Life Outside the Set (Sweatshoppe Publications, 2013). He is current president of Georgia Poetry Society and provides judging expertise in several state poetry contests. Before he became a college teacher, he made sandwiches, sold game systems, sold shoes, and provided computer software help. He is also twice victorious over cancer: leukemia in 1988, and lymphoma in 2016.
Favorite writers include (but are not limited to) John Berryman, Elizabeth Bishop, William Faulkner, David James Poissant, Mark Halliday, Terrance Hayes, Philip Larkin, Rodney Jones, Flannery O' Connor, and Robert Wrigley.
- "Trash Duty." New Haven Review (2016).
- "Jazzercise." Pembroke Magazine (Spring 2016).
- "Benedictus." Windhover (2016).
- "The Saloon in the Side of the Mountain." The Tusculum Review (Spring 2016).
- "Letter to Ferris from Decatur." Stone, River, Sky (2015).
- Three poems, Dead Mule School of Southern Literature (2013). http://www.deadmule.com/poetry/michael-diebert-three-poems/#sthash.QnuqM7u2.dpbs
- "Retail." Rattle (Fall 2010). http://www.rattle.com/poetry/2011/06/retail-by-michael-diebert
"Seniors." The Pedestal(2008). http://www.thepedestalmagazine.com/gallery.php?item=12248
"Outpatient Poem #2." JAMA(2003). http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=197849