Withdraw versus Drop
The term "drop" refers to removing a course from your schedule during the schedule adjustment period.  These classes are removed from your record.  The term "withdraw" is used when a student files a withdrawal form requesting a grade of W or WF in a course.  These courses remain on the student's record.  Withdrawn courses count toward total hours attempted and when determining academic progress.

How do withdrawals affect my financial aid?
If you withdraw from one or more courses after the schedule adjustment period, you will receive a grade of W or WF and you may also receive a recalculation on financial aid funds received for that term.  Since a calculation is made based on the percentage of the semester you have completed, the Financial Aid Office cannot give you a specific amount upon your inquiry.  You may owe a portion of any financial aid used or received.  If you do owe money after the Financial Aid Office receives notification of the withdrawal and the recalculation has been done, you will receive a bill and a hold will be placed on your student record.

Please be advised: Hardship withdrawal hours count toward the hours you have attempted.  If you receive a hardship withdrawal causing your total hours for the term to be reduced, you will have to repay any financial aid you received for the course(s) from which you withdrew.

Loans Cancellation Advisory
Your loan will be cancelled if you enroll for less than six (6) credit hours before receiving your first disbursement of funds.  The second disbursement will automatically be cancelled.  If you withdraw from your courses after receiving your first disbursement, your second disbursement will be cancelled.  You will have to submit a new loan application, which will take two to four weeks to process.

NOTE: Make sure you know the rules about SAP and check your progress each semester to protect your financial aid eligibility.