Providing Instructional Technology Services to Georgia Perimeter College faculty and staff.
The Instructional Design Labs offer faculty a place to experiment with technology and to design innovative instructional materials. We maintain specialized hardware and software to give faculty the opportunity to experiment with instructional technology tools and develop new forms of instructional content. In the IDL, faculty can: build web pages, practice with a Sympodium, create videos, use a scanner, or just brainstorm with an Instructional Technologist.
- IDL Locations:
- Alpharetta 217A- Under development
- Clarkston CH2161
- Decatur SC1148
- Dunwoody NE2903
- Newton 1N3415
- Clarkston- GPC Online Offices JCLRC
- Hardware available in the IDL
- Scanner with document feeder
- Video Capture, Editing and Production Workstation
- Digital Still and Video Cameras
- Audio Capture equipment
- Graphic Tablets
- Apple Macintosh MacBook Pro
- Software available in the IDL
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Adobe Creative Suite (Image, Web, and Video editing)
- SMART Notebook
- PDF creation: Adobe Acrobat
- Scanning: OmniPage Pro scanning software with excellent OCR (optical character recognition) capabilities. You can scan typed text right into Word or Acrobat.
- Digital capture and streaming: Camtasia, Captivate, Quicktime Pro, Windows Media Encoder, MOVkit, iMovie.
- Audio capture and editing (digital recording studio): Sound Forge, Audacity, GarageBand
- iCollege (Respondus, Wimba Create, Wimba Voice, Wimba Classroom, SoftChalk)
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (Voice Recognition Software)
- JAWS and Magic (Screen Reading Assistive Technology)
Additionally, Instructional Technology Services have a training facility located at the Clarkston Campus in Room H2160. This room can be reserved for small group training.