The GPC Learning & Tutoring Center has six locations to serve you!
COMPASS Test Practice:
Placement practice focuses on basic knowledge and skill in usage and mechanics, as well as more rhetorical skills. The majority of the questions come from the following categories:
WORKSHOPS -LTC offers workshops each semester for COMPASS placement - location and topics vary.
LINKS (FREE WEBSITES)
- Test Prep Review Source for Free Online Practice Tests
- ACT web site for COMPASS Writing sample test questions
- ACT web site for COMPASS Reading sample test questions
- Gainesville State LS Writing and Reading Practice including grammar
- Atteberry Grammar Review Material to review grammar and punctuation for phrases, clauses, and sentences
- CUNY Reading Placement Practice Passages along with common question types and common mistakes
- Keys to GED Success - language arts/reading
- Reading for the TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education)
- Chart Your Success on the COMPASS, 2nd Edition (By Callahan, Commander, & Cotter)
- COMPASS Exam Secrets Study Guide: Test Review for the COMPASS [Paperback]
- COMPASS Test Study Guide: Test Prep Secrets for the COMPASS
- Dictionary (example: Merriam Webster online dictionary)
- International thesaurus (example: Thesaurus.com)
- Vocabulary books (example: Vocabulary.com)
- GED Language Arts, Reading (GED and TABE Test Preparation)
- Public Library - Fulton, DeKalb, Gwinnett, Cobb, Rockdale
- Goodwill, or other thrift stores
- The Booknook, or other used bookstores
- The School Box or other school supply stores
- College Bound Reading List
- Amazon.com or other online retailers
- AllWrite (Decatur) - Grammar and writing software with tutorials and practice exercises
- COMPASS Practice - software designed for COMPASS test preparation
- E-COMPASS - Diagnostic software for the COMPASS test
- Quantum & Reading Strategies - (Decatur) Reading comprehension and speed enhancement software
- Ten Steps Townsend Press - Text-related reading comprehension and vocabulary skills software
Additional practice resources may be available in the Reading and Writing links on the Student Resources page.
See the GPC Learning Support website for the latest information and changes to the Learning Support policies.
Disclaimer: We provide links to sources outside this Website as a service to our students. It is the user's responsibility to assure that all links contained herein are legitimate sources of information. The opinions on linked Websites do not necessarily reflect the views of the Georgia Perimeter College Learning and Tutoring Center.