Generic Track Admission Information
New students are accepted into the Nursing Program by way of a special admissions procedure, which goes beyond admission into Georgia Perimeter College. The deadline is January 31 for August (Fall) enrollment. To be considered for acceptance in the Nursing Program, students must do the following:
1. Apply for admission to Georgia Perimeter College. (If you are a Georgia Perimeter College student, you need not re-apply)
- Students with college degrees or college credits must apply as a Transfer student. If you have a applied as a Degree, Transient or Special Student, you must change your status at the College Admissions Office.
- Students should indicate on the College application form that their major is Health Sciences Profession.
2. Be accepted by Georgia Perimeter College.
3. Complete at least one Biology course and lab listed under Nursing General Education. All Biology courses, listed under Nursing General Education, must be less than six years old at the time of enrollment in NURS 1921.
4. Complete the TEAS V exam. Contact ATI (Assessment Technologies Institute) at www.atitesting.com to schedule the exam and purchase a study guide. Study guides are also available at the Georgia Perimeter College Clarkston Campus Bookstore. If you have a number of TEAS exams, please have ATI send the first two results.
5. Apply for admission to the Nursing Program, http://depts.gpc.edu/~gpcnurs/applyRN.htm .
- Students must apply and be accepted by Georgia Perimeter College
- Students must finish at least one Biology course and lab listed under the Nursing General Education prior to applying to the Nursing Program. Students are encouraged to complete all general education courses prior to enrolling in the Nursing Program.
Admission to the Nursing Program is selective and competitive. The following are the requirements to be considered for admission.
- Eligibility for college level English and Math
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7 in courses listed under Nursing General Education
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7 for required biology courses listed under Nursing General Education
- Georgia Perimeter College cumulative GPA must be a minimum of 2.0 and student must be in Good Standing with the college
- Passing score of 63 in the Adjusted Individual Total Score, the Reading, and Mathematics portions of the TEAS exam. If you are unsuccessful on the first two exams, you will have to reapply to the Georgia Perimeter College Nursing Program two years after your last exam.
- Academic and institutional history (This requirement includes the following; repeated courses, number of attempts at the TEAS, number of withdraws, number of "D" and "F" grades in other non-related courses; and violations of the Georgia Perimeter College Code of Conduct.)
- Number of General Education courses completed.
Note: Students who have failed or received a "D" in nursing courses within the last five years will not be considered for admission to the Georgia Perimeter College Nursing Program.