The Nursing Tutorial Lab was built and designed to provide academic assistance to nursing and pre-nursing students at Georgia Perimeter College. Students may self-refer or be referred to the program by College faculty and staff. Depending on need, students may receive assistance in such areas as medical-math skills, science, and college survival skills: test taking strategies; time management; stress reduction; and general study skills. Review sessions in specific content areas are offered. The Tutorial Lab Director and a Biology tutor are available for individual or small group tutoring sessions.
The Nursing Tutorial Lab provides a hands-on learning environment for all students.
The Georgia Perimeter College Nursing Tutorial Lab will be a national leader in providing tutorial resources and support for both pre-nursing and nursing students.
The Georgia Perimeter College Nursing Tutorial Lab strives to provide pre-nursing and nursing students support in an atmosphere of caring and intellectual curiosity, in order to enhance student learning, skill acquisition and the confidence needed to successfully complete the nursing program.
- Increases retention rate of all students
- Provide opportunities to acquire the skills necessary for success including organization, time management, note and test taking, reading comprehension, reasoning and critical thinking
- Enhance students' desire to be "life long learners"
All support services are FREE.
- Educational software to assist the student in mastering the nursing pre-requisite sciences
Review of Anatomy
- Ability to interact with A&P models
- Textbooks and other A&P resource books
- Interactive computer software for A&P review
Review Sessions or tutoring on topics such as:
- Anatomy System
- Critical Reasoning/Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Study Skills
- Test Taking Skills
- Time and Stress Management
CH-1140 8:30-5:00 Monday-Thursday