What you should know:
- The accused may be released from custody prior to trial.
- Victims have certain rights during the stages of the Criminal Justice Process.
- That additional information may be obtained by contacting the filing agency or CJCC (Criminal Justice Coordinating Council at 404/559-4949).
- Victims may be eligible for out-of-pocket expenses from the Crime Victim's Compensation Program.
- Victim may have available to them, community-based victim service programs and for information contact the Governor's Victim Assistance Help line at 1/800-338-6745.
- Victims must meet any applicable obligations (provide a current phone number and address).
At this time, the Newton County does not offer a system similar to the VINE system. Persons inquiring information in Newton County should contact the Newton County District Attorney's office at 770-784-2070.