Move On When Ready
Fast Forward to Your Future
Start Your College Career Before You Graduate High School!
If you’re a qualified senior or junior you can take college courses while still in high school through Georgia Perimeter College’s Move On When Ready Program. Credits earned as a Move On When Ready student with GPC will transfer to most other colleges and universities through-out Georgia and the US.
To be eligible for Move On When Ready, a student must:
- Be a rising Junior or Senior in high school
- Be on track to graduate
- Obtain approval of the high school guidance counselor and parent(s)/legal guardian(s)
- Must remain in good academic standing with a 2.0 GPA or higher at Georgia Perimeter College to remain eligible for the program
- High School GPA Requirement: 3.0 in core courses on a 4.0 scale as calculated by GPC
Test scores: Students may take either the ACT or SAT. The following minimum scores are required:
Minimum combined Critical Reading and Math score of 980
SAT Critical reading minimum score of 480
SAT Math minimum score of 500
Minimum composite score of 20
ACT English minimum score of 20
ACT Math minimum score of 21
Applicants must submit the application, and have required documents processed by the appropriate deadline
Fall semester deadline July 1st
Spring semester deadline Nov 1st
Summer semester deadline April 1st
Complete a Georgia Perimeter College application online
through gpc.edu/apply or gacollege411.org.
Use the fee waiver code MOWR.
Submit an official high school transcript, preferably uploaded
to gpc.edu/apply or gacollege411.org.
Submit a current Certificate of Immunization.
Submit a Parental Consent Form.
Submit a completed MOWR Student Participation Agreement
signed by student, parent and high school counselor.
Have an official SAT or ACT score report sent directly to
GPC from the College Board. The college code for the SAT is
5711, and the college code for the ACT is 0806. The location is
Submit any additional AP scores directly to GPC from the
Check your application status. The typical timeline for processing an application and supporting documents to receive a decision is approximately is 4-6 weeks.
Students who attend Georgia Perimeter College as a Move on When Ready student are eligible for the Move On When Ready funding option,
which is administered by the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC).
Move On When Ready funding pays tuition, fees and provides textbooks.
The cost for full-time coursework up to 15 semester hours from the GPC MOWR approved course list will be funded by the Georgia Student Finance Commission.
Other cost of attendance expenses including lab fees, course related fees, meals, transportation and personal expenses are the responsibility of the student/parent/guardian.
The cost of any courses not covered under the GPC MOWR approved course list are the financial responsibility of the student/parent/guardian.
Next Steps for Accepted Dual Enrollment Students
1. Complete and submit the Move On When Ready Student Participation Agreement signed by you, your parent, and your high school guidance counselor. Please bring this completed form to your advisement/orientation appointment with the Dual Enrollment/MOWR Coordinator.
2. Complete the Move On When Ready application for funding from the Georgia Student Finance Commission. You must complete the electronic version of the application via the GAcollege411 website. (Exception: Home school students may complete the PDF version.)
3. Submit AP scores (if applicable). You may be eligible for college credit for most AP exams on which you scored 3 or higher. Georgia Perimeter College’s code is 5711. Students are responsible for checking with their intended four year institutions to see what they will accept for AP scores as these differ from one institution to another.
4. Set up your Georgia Perimeter email account. Set this up right away! Remember that Georgia Perimeter will send all important emails to your Georgia Perimeter email address. Please start using the Georgia Perimeter email to contact us.
5. Verify your lawful presence. (If you have not already done so) All admitted students who plan to enroll must comply with the Lawful Presence requirements detailed here. Learner’s permits and high school identification cards are not accepted.
6. Submit required immunization records. Contact the GPC Student Health Center for more details and contact information.
7. Schedule math placement test. Dual Enrollment/MOWR students must take the Math Placement if they plan to take a Math course higher than Math 1111 (College Algebra). Contact the Testing Center to schedule an appointment for the Math Placement Test. This test will cost $20.
8. Call and schedule an advisement/orientation appointment to come in and meet with your MOWR Coordinator for registration. Students taking a GPC course at their high school will not need an appointment.
Policies & Regulations
Student must remain in good academic standing with a 2.0 GPA or higher at Georgia Perimeter College to remain eligible to participate in the program.
Students whose Georgia Perimeter College GPA falls below a 2.0 will not be permitted to continue participation in the Georgia Perimeter College MOWR program.
Georgia Perimeter College Bookstore will loan required textbooks to each student enrolled in the Move On When Ready program each semester, with the agreement that the textbooks will be returned to Georgia Perimeter College Bookstore at the end of each semester.