Move On When Ready Program
High School Counselors
How do my Students Participate?
• Encourage your students to take the SAT or ACT by January of their junior year if they want to be a Move On When Ready student during their senior year. Students who want to enter the Move On When Ready program as a junior will need to take the SAT or ACT tests in the spring of their sophomore year. Remind them to choose GPC as a school to receive the score reports. Taking the tests in January allows time for students to retake the tests if the first scores aren’t high enough for admission into the Move On When Ready Program.
• Students apply online to GPC.
Deadlines for applying to GPC are
• Fall semester deadline: July 1st
• Spring semester deadline: November 1st
• Summer semester deadline: April 1st
• High schools can require that all applications be sent before the end of the school year, so that you can know before the summer break which students have been admitted.
• Along with the application, the students will need to have an official high school transcript sent electronically from their high school. GPC does not require the end of the junior year transcripts. If the student’s high school GPA in the core subject is less than a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, we will recalculate the GPA if the student submits a transcript with the second semester grades included. Students also submit paper copies of their immunization documents and a signed parental consent form.