Move On When Ready Program
What is the GPC Honors Program?
Honors courses differ from non-Honors courses in several ways. Honors courses emphasize higher thinking, critical learning, and in-class discussion over memorization. They also emphasize a writing component and are usually taught in a discussion format rather than lecture. Honors courses generally have smaller enrollments than non-Honors courses, and the students in an Honors class are chosen from among the most academically gifted students at Georgia Perimeter College. Honors courses are taught by select faculty members at Georgia Perimeter College. Move On When Ready students are eligible for Honors courses if they have any of the following:
- a high school GPC of 3.5 (unweighted)
- a combined SAT I score of 1200 or higher (verbal and math)
- a verbal SAT l score of 650 or higher,
- a Math SAT 1 score of 620 or higher
- an ACT composite score of 26
- an ACT English score of 29 or higher
- an ACT math score of 27 or higher
- have national Merit Semi-Finalist, Finalist, or Scholar standing.
Registration for Honors courses is done in consultation with the Honors Coordinator.