Dual Enrollment Program

Future Students

What Courses Can I Take?

You can take any course on any GPC campus. But, MOWR funding will only pay tuition for courses in the five core areas. You might be able to take online courses, too, but you'll need to understand that online courses aren't for everybody.  Some online classes still want you to come to campus to take tests. Talk to your DE Coordinator about the classes you want to take.

Here are some suggestions on what classes to take:

• Many students elect to take two semesters of English (ENGL 1101 and ENGL 1102) from the college to fulfill their high school English requirement. You can take ENGL 1102 in the fall and a higher level English class in the spring if your AP Language score is 3 or higher.

• You can take...
  • ECON 2105 (Macroeconomics) to fulfill the high school economics requirement, but you must take the EOCT at your high school.
  • POLS 1101 (American Government) can be used to fulfill the high school requirement. Students often take the electives that are required of all freshmen at Georgia public colleges and universities.
  • If you want to enroll in a math class above MATH 1111 (College Algebra) you will be required to take a placement test on one of the GPC campuses. AP scores can also be used for math placement.
  • If you want to continue your foreign language study, placement is determined by the foreign language department.