GPC Educational Achievement Program(GEAP)
The GPC Educational Achievement Program (GEAP) is a retention program for Hispanic/Latino students. The Program provides advising, counseling, and academic support to GEAP Scholars to help them succeed at GPC.
The program goal is to create a supportive learning environment for GEAP Scholars, and increase the number of Hispanic/Latino students who graduate from GPC and complete their undergraduate degrees. Scholars will successfully matriculate through Georgia Perimeter College and identify one of GPC’s Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG) partner institutions or other colleges and universities to continue their college career.GEAP - Program Components
- Academic Support: Scholars have the opportunity to take advantage of various academic support initiatives, such as tutoring, frequent academic advising, personal counseling and career exploration.
- Peer, Faculty and Professional Mentoring: Scholars have the opportunity to be assigned to professional mentors in their intended career field.
- Civic Engagement & Outreach Initiatives: Scholars are encouraged to complete a required number of individual community service hours during the academic year and group service learning projects.
- Personal Enrichment Activities: Scholars will be invited to transfer college tours, leadership development and, cultural awareness events and more!
- Scholars must maintain a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.6., and a minimum semester GPA of 2.6
- Scholars must maintain full-time student status at GPC
- Scholars must have every intention of attending, graduating from and earning a baccalaureate degree from one of the member TAG institutions.
- Scholars are required to attend all assigned workshops, advisement sessions, community service activities, field trips and to actively participate in the GPC Latino Connection Club
- Scholars academic record will be reviewed semi-annually
- Scholars level of support will be determined largely by progress toward degree