GPC Educational Achievement Program(GEAP)
The GPC Educational Achievement Program (GEAP) is a scholarship and retention program for Hispanic/Latino students. The Program provides advising, counseling, financial, and academic support to GEAP Scholars to help them succeed at GPC.
The program goal is to create a supportive learning environment for GEAP Scholars, and increase the number of Hispanic/Latino students who graduate from GPC and complete their undergraduate degrees. GEAP Scholars will successfully matriculate through Georgia Perimeter College and identify one of GPC’s Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG) partner institutions or other colleges and universities to continue their college career.GEAP - Program Components
- Academic Support & Personal Enrichment: GEAP Scholars have the opportunity to take advantage of various academic enrichment experiences, such as tutoring, frequent academic advising, personal counseling and career advising.
- Peer, Faculty and Professional Mentoring: In addition to peer and faculty mentoring, GEAP Scholars have the opportunity to be assigned to professional mentors in their intended career field.
- Civic Engagement & Outreach Initiatives: GEAP Scholars are encouraged to complete a required number of individual community service hours during the academic year. GEAP Scholars will also complete service projects as a group.
- Scholarship/Financial Support: GEAP Scholarships are need-based, and awards can range between $500 and $1,500 per year.
- GEAP Scholars must have every intention of attending, graduating from and earning a baccalaureate degree from one of the member TAG institutions.
- GEAP Scholars are required to attend all assigned workshops, advisement sessions, community service activities, field trips and to actively participate in the GPC Latino Connections student organization (See GEAP Calendar of Planned Activities - coming soon).
- Scholars must maintain full-time student status at GPC.
- Scholars must maintain a cumulative minimum GPA of 2.6., and a minimum semester GPA of 2.6.
- The academic record of all GEAP Scholars will be reviewed semi-annually. The level of support will be determined largely by progress toward your degree.