Welcome! KAΛAΣ ΩPIΣATE! 환영 ! ¡Bienvenidos! Karibu! 歡迎 ! 欢迎!Дoбpo Пoжaлoвaть! Mem-Vindos!Herzlich Willkommen!
Federal government regulations require us to collect proof that F-1 students have the financial means necessary to live and study in the United States.
All applicants requesting a Form I-20 for student (F-1) visas must provide an affidavit of support showing that a minimum $22,000 (USD) per college year is available to defray college expenses including matriculation fees, non-resident fees, school supplies, living costs, and related expenses (This amount is subject to change due to increase in fees and living expenses.). A certified letter (signed by a bank officer) from the sponsor's bank showing that the required funds are available must be submitted. All fees must be paid at the time of registration. Federal Financial Aid is not available to F-1 visa students.
All applicants requesting a Form I-20 for student (F-1) visas must provide an affidavit of support showing a minimum $22,000 (USD).
ALL BANK DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINALS! We will not accept any photocopies or faxes. Bank documents which do not appear to be valid will be verified with the bank listed. We will not accept any bank document that appears to have been falsified or counterfeited. We will report forgeries or counterfeited documents to the Department of Homeland Security.
If the applicant’s sponsor is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States,
he/she must fill out and have notarized INS form I-134 Affidavit of Support Form I-134 must have the following documentation attached:
- Statement from an officer of the bank or financial institution (an actual, signed letter, not a bank statement). The letter must give the following details: a) the date the account was opened, b) the total amount deposited for the last year, and c) the present balance
- Statement of the sponsor’s employer on business stationery showing: a) the date and nature of employment, b) salary paid, and c) whether the position is temporary or permanent.
- If Self-Employed: a) a copy of the last income tax return filed, or b) report of a commercial rating concern.
- A list containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s) (if bonds and stocks are used as a source of support).
Please note that a bank letter indicating at least $20,000 of available funding is required. Proof of future salary payments, stocks and/or bonds may be used to supplant the bank letter to reach the required $22,000.
If the applicant’s sponsor is NOT a citizen or permanent resident of the United States,
he/she must fill out and sign the Georgia Perimeter College International Student Financial Certificate, and include a bank letter (signed by an officer of the bank) and on the bank's official stationery that:
- is less than 6 months old.
- is written in English, or has a certified English translation attached, and
- clearly states the account balance in numbers, and clearly states the type of currency upon which the account is based.