Category:      Search FAQ:          
Dual Enrollment   
Date Updated
2011-10-19 13:03:23   

Can I drop or withdraw from a class? What’s the difference?   
If you wish to “drop” a class, you must do so before the end of the college “drop/add” or “schedule adjustment” period, usually the first two days of each semester. If you drop a class, you don’t pay for it and the class never appears on your official transcript.

If, however, you decide to withdraw from a class after the “drop/add” period, it is called a withdrawal. If you withdraw before the midpoint of the term, your GPA will not be affected. The last day to withdraw from a class without penalty is the midpoint of the term. If you withdraw after the midpoint of the term, you will receive a WF and it will count in your GPA just like an “F.”

You may not withdraw from classes without the permission of the Dual Enrollment Coordinator.

You may be responsible for any tuition and fees associated with a class from which you have withdrawn. See the college withdrawal policies. Withdrawals can affect your high school graduation and your insurance coverage. They may also adversely impact making satisfactory academic progress (SAP) which can affect your eligiblity for funding.

More information on Dual Enrollment is available on the web.