Each student is responsible for submitting their immunization records after being accepted to Perimeter College at Georgia State University.
Students should review the full immunization requirements and submit documentation prior to the first day of class. Without the documentation, students will have an an incomplete record which will result in a registration hold being placed on their student account. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that students are protected against communicable diseases that are preventable and to reduce the likelihood of an epidemic or threatened epidemic on a Georgia public college or university campus.
Tips for Submitting Records:
- Students can obtain immunization information by contacting their county health department, doctor’s office, clinic or previous schools they may have attended.
- Students who are unable to find their immunization records can have blood tests (titers) to prove their immunity at the Student Health Clinics. Blood tests (titers) are recommended rather than repeating the shots. If the titer results indicate immunity, then the student has proven immunity and no immunizations are needed. If the titer results do not indicate immunity, then immunizations are required. Note: There is no titer available for the Tetanus, diptheria and pertussis (Tdap) or Tetanus and diptheria (Td) requirement.
- Students should make sure that all documents submitted have their name, birth date, and student ID number.
- Students should submit all forms and dates as early as possible to avoid delays in processing and registration.
- All dates must be legible or the forms must be resubmitted. All dates should be formatted month, day and year (e.g., 01/01/2016).
- Student should check their records for the required number of doses for each vaccine.
- Students whose records are more than 10 years old may not meet all immunization requirements.