- Text-only version of this website
- Skip navigation
- Home page
- What's new
- Contact Webmaster
- Website policies
- Disability services
- UF Health Home
Healing UF Health at Gainesville
- UF Health Shands Hospital
- UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital
- Shands Emergency & Trauma
- UF Health Shands Children's Hospital
- UF Health Shands Rehab Hospital
- UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital
- Learning UF&Shands Gainesville
Discovery UF Health at Gainesville
- Research Studies
- Genetics Institute
- Institute on Aging
- McKnight Brain Institute
- UF Diabetes Institute
- Community UF Health at Gainesville
- visit University of Florida
- About CHFM
- Patient Care
- Research & Quality
UF’s future home for medical and physician assistant students is slated to open in Fall 2015.Read More....
The primary mission of the Department of Community Health and Family Medicine in the University of Florida College of Medicine is to serve our patients and community, positively shaping the future of healthcare through outstanding teaching, discovery, and innovation in Family Medicine.
Essential components of this mission are to:
- educate medical students in family medicine
- train family medicine residents
- foster research and discovery in primary care
- deliver quality clinical services to all segments of the community, and
- provide continuing education to practicing family medicine physicians
The Department integrates teaching in humanistic medicine, medical ethics, behavioral medicine, and rural and community health into both undergraduate and graduate curricula. The Department has model practice sites in several communities, providing training in urban and rural medicine and health care for underserved areas in the State. These teaching and clinical activities are augmented by a variety of research projects that explore and contribute to the scientific knowledge base in family and community medicine, rural health, primary care, behavioral medicine, and the medical humanities.
We would also like to extend an invitation to visit with our chairman, Peter J. Carek, M.D., M.S .
Match Day was March 17, 2017 and we are happy to have matched with nine wonderful residents for the upcoming year! Let’s all welcome them to CHFM!
Everyone is concerned about online safety. Whether you use Google and Twitter or TeamViewer and Dreamhost, keep your services secure with two-factor authentication.
ENHANCED – Visitor Wi-Fi • APPROVED – Remote Access Policy • NEW – eLearning Data Workshop • RELEASED – GL Account Management Enhancements
Enhancements Made to UF’s Visitor Wi-Fi Network <https://news.it.ufl.edu/infrastructure/enhancing-the-uf-visitors-wi-fi-network/> → Impacts patients and their families, alumni, prospective students and their families, vendors, and others who visit campus: UFIT is replacing the […]