Canvas is an open source Learning Management System that is currently supported and sponsored by the University of Florida for online and distance learning. The Canvas Learning Management System tools include:
- Learning Outcomes
- Peer Review
- Tests & Quizzes
Application to All Courses
- The storing and dissemination of educational content using a variety of Web-based tools.
- Provides a framework for a virtual learning environment.
- Allows for instructors to collect, assess, give feedback, and track student work using a variety of assessment capabilities.
- Extends the boundaries of the traditional classroom.
- Allows for the addition of live discussion and dynamic interaction in synchronous distance learning.
- Easy to facilitate communication, participation, and collaboration between groups of students and the instructor.
- Big Blue Button
- Discussion Boards
Canvas at the University of Florida
- Canvas Support at the UF Computing Help Desk
- Canvas Help Center
- Canvas Guides
- UF Learning Support Services: Canvas Tutorials, FAQs, and Known Issues
- UF Learning Support Services: Workshops
- UF Learning Support Services: Canvas Tutorials
Public Sample Courses:
- Art Appreciation
- Game Design Concepts
- Social Media
- Warrington College of Business Student Guides
- CITT Course Samples
- Florida State College at Jacksonville: Canvas LMS brief technical review
- 36 Free Canvas LMS Tutorials