The VPT English test includes a multiple choice reading comprehension test and a written essay which is graded along five domains: organization; focus, development, and support; vocabulary; sentence structure; and mechanics. Since the essay is weighted and counts for 60% of your English test score, it recommended that students:
- Organize their essay by developing an outline or diagram
- Write in a clear and coherent manner using a minimum of 300-500 words with multiple paragraphs
- Stay on topic and avoid repeating the same words and thoughts
- Avoid copying and pasting the essay prompt into your essay as filler
English Study Resources:
The VPT Math test consists of multiple-choice items that measure skills in the following areas:
- Operations – Mastery of operations and basic concepts with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percentages, algebraic basics and order of operations.
- Equations – Applying sequences of first degree and linear equations, inequalities, systems of linear equations in one and two variables, and quadratic equations.
- Expressions, Functions and Graphing – Demonstrating conceptual understanding principles and relationships of exponents, factoring, parabolas, rational expressions and exponents, radicals and functions.
Note: Students are permitted to use the online calculator provided within the test on all but the first unit of the test. Students are not permitted to bring their own calculators.