- Emeritus Faculty
- Extension Faculty
- Ahn, Soohyoun, Ph.D.
- Archer, Douglas L., Ph.D.
- Baker, George L., Ph.D.
- Bartoshuk, Linda M., Ph.D.
- Borum, Peggy R., Ph.D.
- Cagampang, Gloria, Ph.D.
- Collins, James F., Ph.D.
- Cousins, Robert John, Ph.D.
- Dahl, Wendy J., Ph.D.
- Danyluk, Michelle D., Ph.D.
- Goodrich Schneider, Renée, Ph.D.
- Gregory, Jesse F., Ph.D.
- Gu, Liwei, Ph.D.
- Kauwell, Gail Ph.D., RDN, LDN
- Kendall Casella, Anne, Ph.D.
- Knutson, Mitchell D., Ph.D.
- Kowalewska, Agata, Ph.D., R.D.
- Langkamp-Henken, Bobbi, Ph.D.
- Marshall, Maurice R., Ph.D.
- Mathews, Anne E. Ph.D., R.D.N.
- McMahon, Pamela S., Ph.D.
- Percival, Susan S., Ph.D.
- Rampersaud, Gail, M.S., R.D.N., L.D.N.
- Sarnoski, Paul, Ph.D.
- Schneider, Keith R., Ph.D.
- Sims, Charles A., Ph.D.
- Sitren, Harry S., Ph.D.
- Turner, Elaine, Ph.D.
- Wright, Anita, Ph.D.
- Yang, Weihua (Wade), Ph.D.
- Graduate Students
- Postdoctoral Associates
Bailey, Lynn, Ph.D.
bailey 175x202 Professor Emeritus
Univesity of Georgia
Foods and Nutrition
280 Dawson Hall
305 Sanord Drive
Athens, GA 30602
- Ph.D. Purdue University; Nutrition, 1975
- M.S. Clemson University; Nutrition, 1972
- B.S. Winthrop University; Biology, 1970
Folate status and metabolism, maternal health, fetal development.
Dr. Bailey is interested in how changes in folate status impacts maternal and child health and interacts with other nutrients to maintain optimal health. She plans to expand the scope of her research to include new investigations related to the potential impact of obesity on the metabolism of folate and other micronutrients. Dr. Bailey is now at the University of Georgia as Department Head and Professor of the Foods and Nutrtion department in the College of Family and Consumer Sciences.
Bailey LB. The rise and fall of folate blood concentrations in the US emphasizes need to identify all sources of folic acid intake. Am J Clin Nutr 86: 528-30, 2007.
von Castel-Roberts K, Morkbak A, Nexo E, Edgemon CA, Maneval D R, Shuster J, Valentine JF, Kauwell GPA, Bailey LB. Holo-transcobalamin is an indicator of vitamin B12 absorption in healthy adults with adequate vitamin B12 status. Am J Clin Nutr 85: 1057-1061, 2007.
Bailey, LB and Berry RJ. Folic acid supplementation and the occurrence of congenital heart defects, orofacial clefts, miscarriage, and multiple births. Am J Clin Nutr 81:1213S-7S, 2005.
Von Castel-Dunwoody K, Kauwell GPA, Shelnutt KP, Vaughn JD, Griffin ER, Maneval DR, Theriaque DW, Bailey LB. Transcobalamin II 776C®G polymorphism negatively affects vitamin B12 metabolism and vitamin B12 status modulates the homocysteine response to the MTHFR 677C®T variant. Am J Clin Nutr 81: 1436-41, 2005
Shelnutt KP, Kauwell GPA, Gregory JF, Maneval DR, Quinlivan EP, Theriaque DW. Henderson GN, Bailey,LB. Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase 677C®T polymorphism affects DNA methylation in response to controlled folate intake in young women. J Nutr Biochem 15 (9): 554-60, 2004.
Bailey LB. (editor) Folate in Health and Disease, Marcel Dekker, 1995 & 2nd ed. Taylor and Francis, Inc. (in press).