- Courtesy Faculty
- Emeritus Faculty
- Extension Faculty
- Acosta, Laura MS, RDN, CSSD, LDN
- Ahn, Soohyoun, Ph.D.
- Archer, Douglas L., Ph.D.
- Baker, George L., Ph.D.
- Bartoshuk, Linda M., Ph.D.
- Borum, Peggy R., Ph.D.
- Cagampang, Gloria, Ph.D.
- Collins, James F., Ph.D.
- Cousins, Robert John, Ph.D.
- Dahl, Wendy J., Ph.D.
- Danyluk, Michelle D., Ph.D.
- Gankofskie, Beth, PhD., RDN
- Goodrich Schneider, Renée, Ph.D.
- Gregory, Jesse F., Ph.D.
- Gu, Liwei, Ph.D.
- Kauwell, Gail Ph.D., RDN, LDN
- Knutson, Mitchell D., Ph.D.
- Kowalewska, Agata, Ph.D., R.D.
- Langkamp-Henken, Bobbi, Ph.D., R.D.
- Marshall, Maurice R., Ph.D.
- Mathews, Anne E. Ph.D., R.D.N.
- Percival, Susan S., Ph.D.
- Rampersaud, Gail, M.S., R.D.N., L.D.N.
- Sarnoski, Paul, Ph.D.
- Schneider, Keith R., Ph.D.
- Sims, Charles A., Ph.D.
- Sitren, Harry S., Ph.D.
- Turner, Elaine, Ph.D.
- von Castel-Roberts, Kristina, Ph.D., RDN, LDN
- Wang, Yu, Ph.D.
- Wright, Anita, Ph.D.
- Yang, Weihua (Wade), Ph.D.
- Graduate Students
- Postdoctoral Associates
Schmidt, Ronald H., Ph.D.
schmidt 175x202 Professor Emeritus
- Ph.D. University of Minesota; Food Science & Nutrition (Biochemistry Minor), 1974
- M.S. University of Minesota; Food Science & Nutrition (Analytical Chemistry Minor),1968
- B.S. University of Minesota; Dairy Industry (Business / Management Minor),1965
Dr. Schmidt retired from the University of Florida and was granted Professor Emeritus status. He is no longer involved in teaching, research, or extension activities. He is actively involved in industry training in dairy and food safety and in food equipment and facility hygienic design through active participation as a member of the board of directors of 3-A Sanitary Standards ( www.3-a.org) and the National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipments (NCIMS) ( www.ncims.org).
EDIS Extension Publications
Leadership in Professional Organizations
Florida Dairy Products – Board of Directors http://www.fdpa.net/
3A Sanitary Standards, Inc. – Board of Directors http://www.3-a.org/
Leadership in Food Regulatory Bodies
National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipment (NCIMS) – Board of Directors http://www.ncims.org/
Wilkins, D. W., R. H. Schmidt, R. B. Shireman, K. L. Smith and J. J. Jezeski. 1986. Evaluating acetaldehyde synthesis from L‑[C141 threonine by Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillusbulgaricus. J. Dairy Sci. 69:1219 ‑1224.
Marshall, D. L. and R. H. Schmidt. 1988. Growth of Listeria monocytogenes at 10 C in milk preincubated with selected pseudomonads. J. Food Prot. 51:277‑282.
Schmidt, R. H., L. B. Kennedy, E. B. McMullan, and E. R. Mason. 1989. Evaluating effects of glycine on threonine aldolase activity of yogurt microorganisms. J. Agr. Food Chem. 37:1215‑1216.
Marranzini, R. M., R. H. Schmidt, R. B. Shireman, M.R. Marshall and J. J. A. Cornell. 1989. The effect of threonine and glycine levels on threonine aldolase activity of yogurt microorganisms during growth in a modified‑milk prepared by ultrafiltration. J. Dairy Sci. 72:1142‑1148.
Marshall, D. L., and R. H. Schmidt. 1991. Physiological evaluation of stimulated growth of Listeria monocytogenes by Pseudomonas species in milk. Can. J. Microbiol. 37:694‑599.
Schmidt, R. H. and G. E. Rodrick (co-editors). 2003. Food Safety Handbook. John Wiley & Sons, NY 850 pages.
Schmidt, R. H. Declaration of ingredients and additives: United States. In Food Labeling. J. R. Blanchfield, Ed., Woodhead Publishing Ltd., Cambridge, England (2000), pp. 81-100.
Schmidt, R. H. and P. D. Pierce. The Use of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs. In Handbook of Hygiene Control in the Food Industry. H .L. M. Lelieveld, M. A. Mostert, and J. Holah, Ed., Cambridge, England: Woodhead Publishing Ltd. (2005), pp. 348 – 362.