- Emeritus Faculty
- Extension Faculty
- Acosta, Laura MS, RDN, CSSD, LDN
- Ahn, Soohyoun, Ph.D.
- Archer, Douglas L., Ph.D.
- Baker, George L., Ph.D.
- Bartoshuk, Linda M., Ph.D.
- Borum, Peggy R., Ph.D.
- Cagampang, Gloria, Ph.D.
- Collins, James F., Ph.D.
- Cousins, Robert John, Ph.D.
- Dahl, Wendy J., Ph.D.
- Danyluk, Michelle D., Ph.D.
- Gankofskie, Beth, PhD., RDN
- Goodrich Schneider, Renée, Ph.D.
- Gregory, Jesse F., Ph.D.
- Gu, Liwei, Ph.D.
- Kauwell, Gail Ph.D., RDN, LDN
- Knutson, Mitchell D., Ph.D.
- Kowalewska, Agata, Ph.D., R.D.
- Langkamp-Henken, Bobbi, Ph.D., R.D.
- Marshall, Maurice R., Ph.D.
- Mathews, Anne E. Ph.D., R.D.N.
- Percival, Susan S., Ph.D.
- Rampersaud, Gail, M.S., R.D.N., L.D.N.
- Sarnoski, Paul, Ph.D.
- Schneider, Keith R., Ph.D.
- Sims, Charles A., Ph.D.
- Sitren, Harry S., Ph.D.
- Turner, Elaine, Ph.D.
- von Castel-Roberts, Kristina, Ph.D., RDN, LDN
- Wright, Anita, Ph.D.
- Yang, Weihua (Wade), Ph.D.
- Graduate Students
- Postdoctoral Associates
Baker, George L., Ph.D.
baker 175x202 Assistant Professor
572 Newell Dr.
P.O. Box 110370
Gainesville, FL 32611
1642 SW 23rd Drive
Food & Environmental Toxicology Lab (FETL)
Gainesville, FL 32611
Phone: 352.392.1991 ext. 218
- Ph.D. University of Florida; Food Science & Human Nutrition (Specialization Lipids and Sensory Analysis), 2002
- B.S. University of Florida; Food Science,1997
Dr. Baker’s current research interests include functionality of palm and palm kernel oil in foods, sensory quality and oxidative stability of prepared foods and food ingredients during storage, food quality and safety.
FOS3042 – Introduction to Food Science (Fall & Spring)
FOS3042 (Web Edition) – Introduction to Food Science (Summer C)
FOS6936 – Technology of Food Fats & Oils (Fall & Spring)
Florida Association for Food Protection, Laboratorian of the Year, 2007
Baker, George L. 2002. Flavor formation and sensory perception of selected peanut genotypes (Arachis hypogea L.) as affected by storage water activity, roasting, and planting date. (DPhil. dissertation). Gainesville, FL: University of Florida.
Baker G.L, Sims C.A., Gorbet D.A., Sanders T.H., and O’Keefe S.F. 2002. Storage water activity effect on oxidation and sensory properties of high-oleic peanuts. J. Food Sci. 67(4):1600-1603.
Baker G.L., Cornell J.A., Gorbet D.W., O’Keefe S.F., Sims C.A., and Talcott S.T. 2003. Determination of pyrazines and flavor changes in peanuts during roasting. J. Food Sci. 68(1):394-400.
Baker G.L. 2004. Food Safety and Security – Benefits and Uses of Independent Laboratories. Food Safety and Security Directory. GreyHouse Publishing, Millerton, NY.