- Emeritus Faculty
- Extension Faculty
- Ahn, Soohyoun, Ph.D.
- Archer, Douglas L., Ph.D.
- Baker, George L., Ph.D.
- Bartoshuk, Linda M., Ph.D.
- Borum, Peggy R., Ph.D.
- Cagampang, Gloria, Ph.D.
- Collins, James F., Ph.D.
- Cousins, Robert John, Ph.D.
- Dahl, Wendy J., Ph.D.
- Danyluk, Michelle D., Ph.D.
- Goodrich Schneider, Renée, Ph.D.
- Gregory, Jesse F., Ph.D.
- Gu, Liwei, Ph.D.
- Kauwell, Gail Ph.D., RDN, LDN
- Kendall Casella, Anne, Ph.D.
- Knutson, Mitchell D., Ph.D.
- Kowalewska, Agata, Ph.D., R.D.
- Langkamp-Henken, Bobbi, Ph.D.
- Marshall, Maurice R., Ph.D.
- Mathews, Anne E. Ph.D., R.D.N.
- McMahon, Pamela S., Ph.D.
- Percival, Susan S., Ph.D.
- Rampersaud, Gail, M.S., R.D.N., L.D.N.
- Sarnoski, Paul, Ph.D.
- Schneider, Keith R., Ph.D.
- Sims, Charles A., Ph.D.
- Sitren, Harry S., Ph.D.
- Turner, Elaine, Ph.D.
- Wright, Anita, Ph.D.
- Yang, Weihua (Wade), Ph.D.
- Graduate Students
- Postdoctoral Associates
Kendall Casella, Anne, Ph.D.
kendall 175x202 Senior Lecturer
1604 McCarty Dr.
McCarty Hall D
P.O. Box 110200
Gainesville, FL 32611-0200
- Ph.D. Cornell University; Human Nutrition (Minors: Biochemistry, Epidemiology), 1989
- R.D., Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Boston; Dietetic Internship, 1982
- B.S. Simmons College, Boston; Nutrition, 1981
The majority of the research with which Dr. Casella has been involved has been community-based. She worked with the Food Security Measurement Group at Cornell University on work directed at assisting the U.S. Department of Agriculture better understand how to measure food insecurity. She served as Field Director for an NIH-funded study on post-partum weight retention and was data analyst for a project directed at policy issue related to promoting milk consumption.
DIE 4245 Medical Nutrition 1
DIE 4436 Nutritional Counseling/Communication
DIE 4505 Dietetics Seminar
HUN 4445 Nutrition and Disease 1
DIE 6942 Dietetic Internship 1
DIE 6944 Dietetic Internship 2
Kendall A. Implementing the 2002 ERAS: A Site Visitor’s Perspective. DEP-Line 2004;25 6-8.
Kendall A, Olson CM, Frongillo EA. Evaluation of psychosocial measures for understanding weight-related behaviors in pregnant women. Annals of Behavioral Medicine 2001; 23:50-58.
Kendall A, Hackman E. Teaching Cultural Competence. DEP-Line 2000; 21:10-11.
Pelletier D, Kendall A, Kettel-Khan L, Mathios A. Nutrition and dairy industry benefits associated with promoting low-fat milk: evidence of from the 1989 CSFII. Family Economics and Nutrition Review, 1999; 12:3-13.
Kendall A, Kennedy E. Position of the American Dietetic Association: domestic food and nutrition security. J Am Dietet Assoc 1998; 98:337-342.
Wolfe W, Olson CM, Kendall A, Frongillo EA. Hunger and food insecurity in the elderly: its nature and measurement. Journal of Aging and Health, 1998;10:327-350.
Pelletier DL, Kendall A. Supplement use is not associated with better food intake in all population groups. Family Economics and Nutrition Review 1997;10(4):32-44.
Frongillo EA, Rauschenbach BS, Olson CM, Kendall A, Colmenares AG. Questionnaire-based measures are valid for the identification of households with hunger and food insecurity. J Nutr 1997;127:699-705.
Olson CM, Rauschenbach BS, Frongillo EA, Kendall A. Factors contributing to household food insecurity in a rural upstate New York county. Family Economics and Nutrition Review 1997;10 (2):2-17.
Wolfe W, Olson CM, Kendall A, Frongillo EA. Understanding food insecurity in the elderly: a conceptual framework. J Nutr Ed 1996;28:92-100.