- Courtesy Faculty
- Emeritus Faculty
- Extension Faculty
- Acosta, Laura MS, RDN, CSSD, LDN
- Ahn, Soohyoun, Ph.D.
- Archer, Douglas L., Ph.D.
- Baker, George L., Ph.D.
- Bartoshuk, Linda M., Ph.D.
- Borum, Peggy R., Ph.D.
- Cagampang, Gloria, Ph.D.
- Collins, James F., Ph.D.
- Cousins, Robert John, Ph.D.
- Dahl, Wendy J., Ph.D.
- Danyluk, Michelle D., Ph.D.
- Gankofskie, Beth, PhD., RDN
- Goodrich Schneider, Renée, Ph.D.
- Gregory, Jesse F., Ph.D.
- Gu, Liwei, Ph.D.
- Kauwell, Gail Ph.D., RDN, LDN
- Knutson, Mitchell D., Ph.D.
- Kowalewska, Agata, Ph.D., R.D.
- Langkamp-Henken, Bobbi, Ph.D., R.D.
- Marshall, Maurice R., Ph.D.
- Mathews, Anne E. Ph.D., R.D.N.
- Percival, Susan S., Ph.D.
- Rampersaud, Gail, M.S., R.D.N., L.D.N.
- Sarnoski, Paul, Ph.D.
- Schneider, Keith R., Ph.D.
- Sims, Charles A., Ph.D.
- Sitren, Harry S., Ph.D.
- Turner, Elaine, Ph.D.
- von Castel-Roberts, Kristina, Ph.D., RDN, LDN
- Wang, Yu, Ph.D.
- Wright, Anita, Ph.D.
- Yang, Weihua (Wade), Ph.D.
- Graduate Students
- Postdoctoral Associates
Mathews, Anne E. Ph.D., R.D.N.
mathews 175x202 Assistant Professor
572 Newell Dr.
P.O. Box 110370
Gainesville, FL 32611-0370
Phone: 352.392.1991 ext. 286
Ph.D. University of Pittsburgh; Health and Physical Activity, 2008
M.S. University of Georgia; Foods and Nutrition, 1997
B.S. University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill; Public Health Nutrition, 1994
Dr. Mathews’ research interests are in elucidating the relationship between adiposity, lifestyle behaviors, genetics and chronic disease. Modifying disease risk through “improvements” in nutrition and physical activity habits is a powerful treatment. Dr. Mathews’ research focuses on evaluating the effects of various approaches to enhance the adoption of healthy lifestyle behaviors and to accurately and objectively assess the physiological outcomes of these behaviors contributes to this body of work. Her previous and current work targets populations that may most benefit from improvements in lifestyle, such as those with a history of cancer and type 2 diabetes. Her projects extend to the prevention of obesity as well with a specific focus on preschool and elementary-aged children.
HUN 4446: Nutrition and Disease 2
HUN 4936: Preventative Health Experience
HUN 6940: Supervised Teaching in Preventative Health Experience
- American Dietetic Association, Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group, Treasurer, 2006-2008
- American Dietetic Association, Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group, Symposium Committee, 2008-2009
- American Dietetic Association, Dietetic Practice Based Research Network Oversight Committee, 2009-2011
- American Dietetic Association, Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group, Chair-Elect, 2009-2010
- American Dietetic Association, Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group, Chair, 2010-2011
- American Dietetic Association, Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group, Past-Chair, 2011-2012
- American Dietetic Association, Dietetic Practice Based Research Network Oversight Committee, Chair-Elect, 2011-2012
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Dietetic Practice Based Research Network Oversight Committee, Chair, 2012-Present
JM Jakicic, SA Jaramillo, A Balasubramanyam, B Bancroft, JM Curtis, A Mathews, M Pereira, JG Regensteiner and PM Ribisl, Look AHEAD Study Group. Effect of a Lifestyle Intervention on Change in Cardiorespiratory Fitness in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes: Results from the Look AHEAD Study. Int J Obes (Lond). 2009 Mar;33(3):305-16.
Janicke, D.M., Lim, C.S., Perri, M.G., Mathews, A., Bobroff, L., Silverstein, J.H., Brumback, B., & Dumont-Driscoll, M. (2010). Extension Family Lifestyle Intervention Project (E-FLIP for Kids): Design and Methods. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 32: 50-58.
Janicke, D.M., Gray, W.N., Mathews, A.E., Simon, S., Lim, C.S., Dumont-Driscoll, M., & Silverstein, J.H. (2011). A Pilot Study Examining a Group-Based Behavioral Family Intervention for Obese Children Enrolled in Medicaid: Differential Outcomes by Race. Children’s Health Care, 40:3, 212-23.
Horacek, T.M., White, A.A., Greene, G.W., Reznar, M.M., Quick, V.M., Morrell, J.S., Colby, S.M., Kattelmann, K.K., Herrick, M.S., Shelnutt, K.P., Mathews, A., Phillips, B.W., Byrd-Bredbenner, C. (2012). Sneakers and Spokes: An Assessment of the Walkability and Bikeability of U.S. Post-Secondary Institutions. Journal of Environmental Health, 74:7, 8-15.
Mathews, A.E.W. and Mathews, CE. Inherited Beta Cell Dysfunction in Lean Individuals with Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes, 2012, Jul;61(7):1659-60.
Vincent, HK and Mathews A. Obesity and Mobility in Advancing Age: Mechanisms and Interventions to Preserve Independent Mobility. Curr Obes Rep (2013) 2:275–283.
Labyak, CA, Janicke, DM, Lim, CS, Colee, J and Mathews, AE. Anthropometrics to Identify Overweight Children at Most Risk for the Development of Cardiometabolic Disease. Infant Child and Adolescent Nutrition, 2013. In press.