- Emeritus Faculty
- Extension Faculty
- Acosta, Laura MS, RDN, CSSD, LDN
- Ahn, Soohyoun, Ph.D.
- Archer, Douglas L., Ph.D.
- Baker, George L., Ph.D.
- Bartoshuk, Linda M., Ph.D.
- Borum, Peggy R., Ph.D.
- Cagampang, Gloria, Ph.D.
- Collins, James F., Ph.D.
- Cousins, Robert John, Ph.D.
- Dahl, Wendy J., Ph.D.
- Danyluk, Michelle D., Ph.D.
- Goodrich Schneider, Renée, Ph.D.
- Gregory, Jesse F., Ph.D.
- Gu, Liwei, Ph.D.
- Kauwell, Gail Ph.D., RDN, LDN
- Knutson, Mitchell D., Ph.D.
- Kowalewska, Agata, Ph.D., R.D.
- Langkamp-Henken, Bobbi, Ph.D., R.D.
- Marshall, Maurice R., Ph.D.
- Mathews, Anne E. Ph.D., R.D.N.
- Percival, Susan S., Ph.D.
- Rampersaud, Gail, M.S., R.D.N., L.D.N.
- Sarnoski, Paul, Ph.D.
- Schneider, Keith R., Ph.D.
- Sims, Charles A., Ph.D.
- Sitren, Harry S., Ph.D.
- Turner, Elaine, Ph.D.
- von Castel-Roberts, Kristina, Ph.D., RDN, LDN
- Wright, Anita, Ph.D.
- Yang, Weihua (Wade), Ph.D.
- Graduate Students
- Postdoctoral Associates
Rampersaud, Gail, M.S., R.D.N., L.D.N.
rampersaud 175x202 Associate in Nutrition Research and Education
1642 SW 23rd Drive
Food & Environmental Toxicology Lab (FETL)
P.O. Box 110720
Gainesville, FL 32611
Phone: 352-392-1978 ext. 423
- M.S. University of Florida; Nutrition and Dietetics, 1999
- B.S. University of Florida; Food Science and Human Nutrition, 1997
- B.S. University of Florida; Materials Science and Engineering, 1990
Gail Rampersaud’s interests include: the health benefits of citrus fruit and 100% citrus juice; children’s health and nutrition issues, including the health benefits of breakfast; and the health benefits of the vitamin, folate. Gail also helps oversee the Florida Folic Acid Coalition, a group of organizations that seek to increase awareness and education of the nutritional and health benefits of folic acid across the lifespan and particularly for women of childbearing age.
O’Neil CE, Nicklas TA, Rampersaud GC, Fulgoni III VL. 100% Orange juice consumption is associated with better diet quality, improved nutrient adequacy, decreased risk for obesity, and improved biomarkers of health in adults: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2003-2006. Nutrition Journal. 2012;11:107 (12 December 2012).
Kim H, House LA, Rampersaud G, Gao Z. Front-of-package nutritional labels and consumer beverage perceptions. Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy. 2012;34(4):599-614.
Rampersaud G, Valim MF, Barros S. Calculation and comparison of nutrient density/quality scores for commonly consumed fresh fruit. Alimentos e Nutrição. 2012;23(1):7-14.
Rampersaud GC. Entry for “Folate” in the Encyclopedia of Lifestyle Medicine and Health. Edited by James M. Rippe, MD. Sage Publications, Inc., Thousand Oaks, CA. February 2012. 1296 pages.
O’Neil CE, Nicklas TA, Rampersaud GC, Fulgoni III, VL. One hundred percent orange juice consumption is associated with better diet quality, improved nutrient adequacy, and no increased risk for overweight/obesity in children. Nutrition Research. 2011;31(9):673-682.
Rampersaud GC. The benefits of breakfast for children and adolescents: Update and recommendations for practitioners. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine. 2009;3(2):86-103.