The historic Florida Gymnasium provides the perfect location for any organization’s event—whether academic, athletic, or even charitable in nature. Recent events held in the gym include the following: seminars, lectures, luncheons, exhibitions, orientation programs, award ceremonies, student group meetings, academic competitions, holiday parties, and benefit dinners; basketball, volleyball, and ping-pong tournaments.
Click here to view photos of previous Florida Gym Events!
Basketball courts: 2
Volleyball courts: 3
91 feet x 121 feet
Maximum persons allowed in gym: 595
Functional Area: ~11,000 sq. ft.
Auditorium-style seating: ~550
Cafeteria-style seating: ~550
Comfortable round table seating: ~300
Rental Request Forms
General Rules for Reserving the Facility
- Facility Request Form must be submitted AT LEAST 30 DAYS PRIOR to the event.
- Registered Student Organizations: an Event Permit Request must be submitted to the Department of Student Activities and Involvement in addition to the Florida Gym Facility Request Form.
- Special Event Liability Insurance is required for some events. At least 21 days prior to your event, you must provide proof of insurance (listing the University of Florida as the holder); or you must purchase insurance in accordance with UF guidelines. Refer to the Florida Gym Rental Prices for insurance rates. Payment is non-refundable.
- The facility must remain in the condition that it is found. The lessee is responsible for set-up and clean-up.
- If there is damage to the facility/equipment or the facility is not cleaned properly, the cost of repair and/or cleaning will be charged to the lessee.
- Following the event, all trash will be removed and placed in trash receptacles outside.
- Intentions to post banners/advertisements or intentions to have any food or drink at the facility MUST receive written approval from the Facility Coordinator.
- All decorations must be discussed with the Facility Coordinator in advance of the event.
- There will be NO PERMANENT FIXTURES ADDED (no taping, stapling, gluing, or otherwise attaching items to any walls, doors, floors, or ceilings).
- No confetti, sparklers, rice, flower petals, balloons, glitter, fog machines, pyrotechnics, sparklers, blowing bubbles, or bird seed may be used in the facility.
- There will be NO ALCOHOL.
- There will be NO COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY.
- There will be no open flames, candles, torches, etc.
- There will be NO AMPLIFIED MUSIC (example: live band or DJ). All other amplified sound must receive prior approval.
- Should amplified sound be approved, Florida Gym Facility Personnel have the authority to manage sound levels and, therefore, may require a permitted event to turn down the volume to a reasonable decibel level appropriate for the venue and event.
- Animals, with the exception of service animals, are not allowed in the facility.
- The total number of individuals allowed at any function inside the Florida Gym courts must be limited to 595 persons by order of the University of Florida Building Code Office.
- If equipment is being rented from an outside vendor for your event (plants, staging, audio/video equipment, etc.), you must notify the Facility Coordinator at least 14 days prior to the event in order to receive written approval and schedule delivery/pick-up.
- Any caterer providing food in the Florida Gym must be in compliance with all public health rules and regulations and shall acknowledge that they are subject to inspection by the University of Florida and Florida Department of Health. The caterer must provide satisfactory evidence of required insurance, licenses, and permits.
- Any exception to these policies, regulations or rules must be approved in writing by the Facility Coordinator before the event.
How to Submit the Completed Facility Request Form
- Deliver to receptionist in Florida Gym Room 200
- FAX to (352) 392-3186
- E-mail to Michael Murphy: email@example.com
- Mail to:
Attn: Facility Request Form
College of Health & Human Performance
P.O. Box 118200
Gainesville, Florida 32611
For questions or additional information, please contact Michael Murphy: firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 294-1621
- About Us
- Community Outreach
- Contact Us
- Current Searches at HHP
Resources for Faculty & Staff
- Assessment Committee
- Awards Committee
- College Council
- College Curriculum Committee (CCC)
- Faculty Advisory Council
- Graduate Faculty
- Petitions Committee
- Research Committee
- Scholarship Committee
- Stanley Lecture & Research Symposia Committee
- Teacher/Adviser of the Year Committee
- Tenure & Promotion Committee
- HHP Computing Services
- Policies, Procedures, Documents and Forms
- Van Usage
- Work Order System
- College Committees
- Global HHP
- HHP in the News
- Upcoming Events