- Training & Organizational Development
- Just-in-Time Training
- Job Requirements
- Education Programs
- Leadership Development
- Doing Business at UF
- Awards & Recognition
UF Training and Organizational Development’s strategic purpose is to help improve the performance of UF faculty and staff.
By providing ongoing personal and professional development opportunities, our overall goal is to help increase UF employees’ effectiveness—and their ability to contribute. Along with workshops on a variety of topics, such as supervisory skills, leadership, communication, and teamwork, this includes a formal education program that provides funding for college-level courses for participating UF employees.
To learn more about how our training opportunities may best meet your needs, please see our training programs framework.
Beyond our standard programs, we also offer organizational development services based on performance management principles. Contact us for retreat planning and facilitation, customer service assessments, performance needs assessments, retreat planning and facilitation, team development services, department training visits—tailored for specific environments and related to identified competencies—and meeting facilitation.
Training participants are asked to give two weeks’ notice (10 business days) in the event a reasonable accommodation is required to participate in or complete one of our instructor-led or online training sessions. To request an accommodation, please contact Training and Organizational Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please arrive on time to attend our workshops to ensure access to the class and to protect your registration. For staff, supervisory approval is expected in order to attend any of our workshops.
We’re sorry, but participants arriving 20 minutes or later after the scheduled start time cannot be admitted into the class. If your schedule prevents you from arriving before the cut-off time, please contact our office and we’ll be happy to reschedule you for the next available session.
Thank you for a busy 2015-2016 fiscal year
During the year:
- A total of 136,057 training completions were recorded for UF T&OD-sponsored workshops.
- Of that number, 11,499 were in instructor-led sessions and 124,558 were online completions – including training that is provided by our compliance training partners.
- Another 15,324 completions of the university’s online Preventing Harassment session were recorded. This is designed to help ensure the university is a safe place to work and learn.
- There were more than 2,935 completions recorded for our “Managing at UF: Supervisory Challenge” curriculum. Managing people for peak performance is central to our university’s ability to succeed.
- More than 15,613 training completions were recorded for our Pro3 workshops. Pro3 is a multi-class certification designed to increase understanding of fiscal management, HR/payroll management, or academic department support—and is based on identified competencies needed by administrative professionals at UF.
Our efforts reflect the contributions, not only of the training participants who have committed to improving themselves in support of the institution, but also many subject matter experts who facilitate sessions and give of themselves to ensure information is more widely available about the university’s business processes.