Required Training for IRB-02
One of the Following
NIH Extramural Training (Recommended Option)
CITI (please review the Issues below before completing)
Location: Complete this via http://my.UFL.edu
- Instructions: How to navigate myUFL to the IRB Training
You must follow the instructions above when completing the training.
- Select “Group 1: IRB-01 Mandatory Training” on the Human Subjects Research page when registering.
- Note that the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) course does NOT fulfill the IRB training requirement.
- You must access CITI via myUFL for training results to be transmitted to UF.
- In order to access the CITI website, you must use one of the following browsers: Current version of Chrome, Firefox or Safari or Internet Explorer (IE) version 8.0 or later. IE 7.0 or earlier versions will not work. Additional information may be found at https://www.citiprogram.org/index.cfm?pageID=418&id=73
- IRB course content which must be completed includes:
- History/Ethical Principles
- Basic IRB Regulations
- Informed Consent
- You must follow the instructions above when completing the training.
*CITI and NIH courses taken as a new user will have the expiration date extended out by 30 years for UF/Shands faculty and staff.
*VA researchers need to complete CITI training more frequently to comply with VA requirements. Contact the VA Research Service for more information about this and other VA training requirements: (352) 376-1611 extension 4204.
- Location: Complete this via http://my.UFL.edu
Do you need assistance?
- HELP with updating training in myIRB, please contact our myIRB Technical Assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HELP with myTraining, please contact the UF Computing Help Desk at (352)392-4357 or email@example.com
- Contact Us
- Deadlines for Full Board Review
- Directions to IRB02 Office
- Required Training for IRB-02
- Other Resources
- Report Non-Compliance to IRB-02
- Web-Based Submission Tracking for Paper Studies within IRB-02
Investigator Information & Guidelines
- myIRB Phase-in Announcement
- Preparing to Submit a Study for Review in myIRB
- Types of Study Review by the IRB
- Converting Paper Studies to myIRB
- FERPA Information for use of Educational Records in Research
- Lotteries and “Random Awards” as Incentives for Research Participation
- Guidelines for Revising an Approved Study
- Definition of Terms Used in IRB02 Documents
- Student Roles & PI Qualifications for IRB-02
- Use of Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) for social/behavioral Research Projects
- Informed Consent Instructions & Procedures
- Adverse Event Reporting Form
- Clinical Trials Assessment Form
- Continuing Review/Study Closure Form
- Cumulative Adverse Event Table for Continuing Review
- Cumulative Deviation Table for Continuing Review
- Debriefing Form: Sample
- Deviation/Non-Compliance Reporting Form
- Legacy Paper Study Submission Form
- Legacy Paper Study Revision Form
- myIRB Protocol Submission Form
- Unaffiliated Investigator IRB02