UF Health Privacy
HIPAA and other Privacy Training must be completed in myTraining!
The following Privacy online training modules must now be completed in myTraining, a UF and UF Health Shands shared training management system:
- HIPAA & Privacy General Awareness
- HIPAA & Privacy – Research
- FERPA Basics
- FERPA for Faculty
- Protecting Social Security Numbers
The Confidentiality Statement, and other training modules, for now, will remain on the UF Privacy website.
Instructions on how to access myTraining and complete UF Privacy Office training modules
- Go to the following web address: http://mytraining.hr.ufl.edu/
- Select University of Florida if you are a UF employee or student or receive a check from a UF DSO, OR Select UF Health Shands if you receive a paycheck from Shands.
- Log in to myTraining using your GatorLink account.
- Once logged into myTraining, go to the Catalog heading and find the Compliance/Regulatory folder.
- Select/Click on UF – Compliance
- Scroll down the bar on right hand side to the UF Privacy Office folder and click on/open the folder.
- Select the Training module you would like to register for and complete the training.
- Under ‘Manage Training,’ select ‘Training Transcript’ to view, print or export your diploma as proof of completion.
For technical assistance with training, please contact:
UF Training & Organizational Development
Phone: (352) 392-4626
Two versions of the new NPP are available below as pdf’s for download and printing, or the brochures may be ordered through Shands Publication Services (Form #15-9053-0).
Privacy Incidents & Complaints
|Patients or legal representatives may file a Privacy Complaint at any time. Click here for the Privacy Complaint form. |
Workforce members must report Privacy Incidents immediately! Click here for the Incident Report forms.
|Use E-Mail to Correspond with Patients and Research Participants!
Patients and research participants may correspond with their caregivers and research coordinators by email, but only if they have signed an Email Authorization. For more, read on..
Email and Restricted Information
Students and Epic Access
|E-mail may be used to transmit limited amounts of Protected Health Information (PHI) and other restricted data (except Social Security Numbers!) but only under specific conditions and for limited purposes. |
UF emails that include PHI may not be forwarded to an outside account (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)! For more information, read 5.4 Security of PHI: Electronic Mail in the Operational Guidelines – Health.
|Student access to the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system, although stringently controlled, is routinely authorized and provided for academic purposes to approved students. Visit the website here for more information.|
Tracking HIPAA Training
SSN Request Form
|Individuals responsible for tracking completion of HIPAA training can view transcripts for people in their department using myTraining. For more information and instruction guides on how to do this, please go to http://hr.ufl.edu/learn-grow/just-in-time-training/myufl-toolkits/mytraining/ or contact UF Training & Organizational Development at 392-4626 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.||Student access to the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system, although stringently controlled, is routinely authorized and provided for academic purposes to approved students. Read more…
Visit the website here for more information
- Access to EPIC
- Accounting for Disclosures
- Case Reports
- Certificate Lookup
- Confidentiality Statement
- Email Authorization
- File a Complaint
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Honest Broker for Research
- Identity Theft
- Policies & Procedures
- Release of Health Information
- Report an Incident
- Shadowing & Volunteering
- Social Security Numbers