About the College
The central mission of the College of Health and Human Performance is to provide excellence in teaching, research and service while focusing on assisting individuals, families and communities to promote health and prevent disease through active living and the support of advanced research.
The objectives of the Master of Science in Sport Management program align directly with the College of Health and Human Performance mission relative to influencing and improving an array of societal problems and challenges ranging from obesity to addiction.
The mission of the program also aligns directly with the mission of the University of Florida as described in the Strategic Plan of the State Board of Governors: “The University of Florida is committed to educating students so they are prepared to make significant contributions within an increasingly global community offering a broad-based, exclusive public education, leading-edge research and service to the citizens of Florida, the nation, and the world.”
About the Department of Tourism, Recreation and Sport Management (TRSM)
In the Department of Tourism, Recreation and Sport Management (TRSM), students, staff, and faculty study the role and impact of leisure services―including tourism and sports―on individuals, society, and the environment. In support of both the institutional and college missions, the TRSM is committed to national and international excellence in the generation, dissemination, and communication of knowledge in areas related to all areas of recreational activity.
The University of Florida nurtures young people from diverse backgrounds to address the needs of modern society while sustaining community resources through its mission of service, research and teaching.
- U.S. News & World Report Top Public Universities: No. 14
- U.S. News & World Report National Universities: No. 50
- Forbes Best Value Colleges: No. 3
- Kiplinger’s Best Values in Public Colleges: No. 3
- Fiske Guide to Colleges Best Buys Among Publics: No. 2
Join the Gator Nation
The University of Florida is home to one of the premier athletic organizations in collegiate sports: the Florida Gators. With 21 varsity teams that cover a wide variety of different sports, the Gators have solidified themselves as a significant force within the Southeastern Conference (SEC).
Not only has this athletic community become an essential part of the University of Florida experience, but members have gone on to share their talents on the world stage. In the 2008 Beijing Olympics, had the Gator Nation been recognized as a country by the International Olympic Committee, UF athletes would have tied for 18th for total medals earned among all other nations.
Some of the Gators’ achievements, both on and off the field, include:
- Winning the SEC All-Sports Trophy for the past 7 years, and for 12 years in a row before finishing 2nd in 2005-2006
- Earning 262 national titles across all sports, with 193 national champion student-athletes
- Sending athletes to 12 separate Olympiads since 1968, earning 45 gold, 23 silver, and 23 bronze medals
- Supporting four Gators being selected to the Capital One Academic All-American Hall of Fame, the second best total in the nation
- Placing 100 or more student-athletes in the Southeastern Conference Academic Honor Roll each of the last 15 years, being the only SEC school to do so
To learn more about the University of Florida’s online masters in sport management and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. You can also call (877) 665-3860 to speak to one of our Academic Coordinators about the masters program.
The University of Florida respects your right to privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls from a representative of the University of Florida, which may include the use of automated technology. Consent is needed to contact you, but is not a requirement to register or enroll.
- About the College