HomeTo create a ticket, please email Fiscal/HR requests to the appropriate email address below, or click the Customer Request System button.
To access your tickets from our previous ticketing system, please click here.
The Shared Services Center for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences provides efficient and effective financial and administrative services and solutions, focused on unit level needs and university-wide objectives.
Goals and Objectives
Top Quality, Consistent and Timely Service Delivery and Process Improvement by providing superior financial and administrative services to all units within the SSC by:
- Integrating top quality people, processes and technology,
- Reviewing and streamlining processes and procedures to achieve efficient, effective, sustainable and consistent operations while maximizing the use of technology,
- Ensuring proper internal controls are established, followed, and maintained,
- Hiring and retaining a team of top quality business professionals who provide reliable, balanced services and create trusted relationships with unit staff and faculty.
- SSC Administrators will conduct and coordinate periodic reviews to ensure continued benefits to the unit and university, and there will be numerous opportunities for feedback from the units.
We are committed to excellence in everything we do. We recruit, nurture and retain the best. We are creative and flexible, always looking for solutions within the parameters of policies and procedures. We implement best practices. We create partnerships to bring the best talent and diverse perspectives to the table.
We conduct ourselves with integrity and honesty. We lead by example and with compassion. As a team, we enjoy helping others succeed. We take initiative and responsibility. As life-long learners, we continuously improve ourselves.
We take pride in exceeding expectations. Continuously welcoming feedback from our customers is important to us. We look for ways to streamline and improve processes. We are innovative. We take ownership of our successes and shortfalls. We treat people with respect.
Transactions performed by the SSC for Partner Units
- Budget Transfers
- Departmental Reconciliations
- Journal Entries
- Monthly Reports
- Specialized Reports
- Encumbered Vouchers
- Negative Balance Report
- PCard Transactions
- Purchase Orders
- Tuition Waivers
- Unencumbered Vouchers
- Appointments: staff, faculty and graduate students
- Job actions (title changes, terminations, etc.)
- Cross-college distributions
- Payroll distributions
- Visas – assistance with application process
- Out-of-office coverage
- Security Roles
- Cash Advances
- Expense Reports
- Employee Reimbursements
- Travel Authorizations
Transactions performed by the SSC for Non-Partner Units
- Security Roles for Department Security Administrators
- Inter-college budget transfers approved by CLAS Budget Director
- Inter-college distributions approved by CLAS HR Director
Transactions performed by the Partner Unit
- Appointment Research
- Asset and Space Management
- Course Scheduling
- Effort Certification
- Effort Reporting
- Event Coordination
- General graduate student and faculty support e.g. FAR/ER
- Grade support
- Graduate student recruitment and processing to the point of appointment
- Instructor Workload
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Payroll Paylists (Preliminary and Final) and Cost Distribution Reports
- P-Card Verification (unless arranged with SSC)
- PeopleSoft Letter of Appointment/Tuition Waiver
- Place orders for purchase via myUFMarket
- Receive receipts and packing slips
- Reception/answer telephone
- Search committee support
- Textbook adoption
- Time & Labor
- Visas, initiation of application (new and renewal)