Chomp Down on Energy
UF_ChompDownOnEnergy_Switchplate_2009 How to Get Involved
To promote full participation in this energy conservation effort, manuals and campaign materials to promote best practices for energy savings are distributed to departments via Green Team captains. Part of the campaign includes light-switch stickers that serve as reminders for individuals to turn off lights to rooms when not in use, and encouraging designation of a “Last To Leave: Turn Off” person or group to ensure lighting and qualified office equipment is powered down at the end of the day.
Need light switch stickers for your office, residence hall or home? E-mail us!
If your unit does not already have a Green Team Captain please contact Matt Williams to nominate/appoint a person for your college, department or office, or for any other questions regarding the campaign.
Tips for Energy Conservation
- Turn off lights to rooms when not in use.
- Shut down your computer and other equipment at the end of the day and when you will be gone for extended periods.
- Turn off your computer’s screen saver and instead, turn off the screen when you leave the office for meetings, errands, etc.
- Turn off commonly used office equipment (printers, copiers, coffee makers) at the end of the day.
- Unplug equipment that is not used regularly.
- Buildings & Grounds
Energy & Climate Change
- Chomp Down on Energy
- Renewable Energy
- Food & Dining
- Neutral UF Coalition Program
- Service, Outreach & Extension
- Social Equity & Well Being
- Topic Information by Keyword