Who We Are
- Mission Statements
- Angélica M. Almeyda Zambrano, Ph.D.
- Erika Banks-Payne
- Katie Bass, M.S.
- Garrett Beatty, Ph.D.
- Trevor Bopp, Ph.D.
- Amanda Cluxton
- Dan Connaughton, Ed.D.
- Doug DeMichele, Ed.D.
- Gregory Dunn, Ph.D.
- Eric C. Esterline, M.S.
- Daniel Fesenmaier, Ph.D.
- Heather Gibson, Ph.D.
- Tonya Hembrick
- Kyriaki Kaplanidou, Ph.D.
- Jin-Won Kim, Ph.D.
- Andrei Kirilenko, Ph.D.
- Yong Jae Ko, Ph.D.
- Joon Sung Lee, PhD.
- Brian Mills, Ph.D.
- Lori Pennington-Gray, Ph.D.
- Casey Phillips
- Michael Sagas, Ed.D.
- Craig Schmitt, Ph.D.
- Dawn Shores, M.A.
- Jo Ann Smolen
- Svetlana Stepchenkova, Ph.D.
- Alyssa Tavormina, Ph.D.
- Brijesh Thapa, Ph.D.
- Cyntrice Thomas, Ph.D., JD
- Christine Wegner, Ph.D.
- Cynthia Willming, Ph.D.
- Faculty Research Interests
- Faculty Research Interest Keyword Search
- Adjunct Faculty
- Akira Asada, M.S.
- Estefania Basurto, M.S.
- Yeongbae Choe, M.S.
- Lindsey Darvin, M.S.
- Jillian Dinius
- Delaney Dye
- Minseong Kim, M.S.
- Sungwon Kim, M.S.
- Mona Mirehie, M.S.
- Emily Padgett
- Smrittee Kala Panta, M.Sc.
- Yoojung Rhee, M.S.
- Joshua Roe, M.A.
- Lijuan Su, M.S.
- Hojun Sung, M.S.
- Stavros A. Triantafyllidis, M.S.
- Robert Turick, M.Ed.
- Elodie Wendling, M.S.
- Ran Zhou, M.S.
- Hongping Zhang, M.S.
- Professors Emeritus
- Student Resources
- Faculty & Staff Resources
Faculty Research Interests
Angélica M. Almeyda Zambrano, (Ph.D., Stanford University)
- Ecotourism as a development and conservation strategy in the tropics
- Tropical Sustainable Development
- Sustainable tourism and land use dynamics
- Ecotourism and natural protected areas
- Sustainability science
- Emotion Regulation & Motor Performance
- Athlete Development
- Intercollegiate athletics
- Racial, ethnic, and gender discrimination
- Student athletes
- Legal issues in sport and physical activity programs
- Risk perception and management
- Safety & injury prevention in sport and physical activity programs
Doug DeMichele, (Ed.D., University of Florida)
- Campus recreation
- Recreation programming and leadership
- Facilities management
Greg Dunn, (Ph.D., University of Nevada Las Vegas)
- Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
- International and Domestic Travel and Tourism Trends
- Consumer Profiling and Segmentation
- Tourism Product Assessment and Brand Strategy
- Social and Economic Impacts of Gambling
John Egberts, (M.S., University of Florida)
Adjunct Faculty and Associate Director, Florida Traffic & Bicycle Safety Education Program
- Legal issues in sport and physical activity
- Risk management and injury prevention
- Pedestrian and bicycle safety education
Daniel Fesenmaier, (Ph.D., University of Western Ontario)
Professor and Director, Eric Friedheim Tourism Institute
- Experience design
- Tourism Marketing and Information Technology
- Travel Advertising and Demand Analysis
- Leisure, sport and tourism aging/retirement issues
- Gender and leisure activities
- Sport tourism, issues and behavior
Kiki Kaplanidou, (Ph.D., Michigan State University)
Associate Professor, Graduate Coordinator and Director, Innovative Research Initiatives in Sport Events
- Sport consumer perceptions about event and destination images
- Image and legacies of sport events on community development
- Sport event tourism
Jin-Won Kim (Ph.D., Michigan State University)
- Water based recreation and tourism planning and management
- Environment justice issues, including the accessibility and equity of recreation opportunities (e.g. urban parks, beaches, playgrounds, golf courses, and other recreational settings)
- Measuring the role of ‘recreation’ built environment on public health
- Applications of Geographic Information Sciences (GISc.) in recreation, parks and tourism studies
Andrei Kirilenko, (Ph.D., Russian Academy of Science)
- Social networks and mass media data mining
- Climate changes impacts on people and environment
- Sustainability, resilience, and adaptation to climate change impacts
Yong Jae Ko, (Ph.D., The Ohio State University)
- Sport consumer behaviors
- Sport event marketing
- Service quality in sport
Joon Sung Lee, (Ph.D., University of Michigan)
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Consumer Behavior
- Sponsorship and Endorsement
- Corruptions in Sport
- Sport Media Behavior
Brian Mills, (Ph.D., University of Michigan)
- The sports labor market, league policy and industrial organization in sport
- Economic impact and economic development related to sport
- Consumer behavior and behavioral economics in the sport context
Lori Pennington-Gray, (Ph.D., Michigan State University)
Professor and Director, Tourism Crisis Management Initiative
- Marketing of tourism destinations
- Planning and developing sustainable tourism destinations
- Tourism crisis management
Michael Sagas, (Ed.D., Texas A&M University)
Professor and Chair
- Discrimination in sport organizations
- Race and gender issues in sport
- Intercollegiate athletics
Svetlana Stepchenkova, (Ph.D., Purdue University)
- Destination image
- Media messages and tourism demand
- Computer-assisted analysis of qualitative data
Alyssa Tavormina, (Ph.D., University of Georgia)
Lecturer and Program Director, Online Sport Management Master’s Program
- Sport Branding
- Sport Consumer Behavior
- Ecotourism and cultural heritage tourism in developing countries
- Tourist behaviors & impacts: socio-cultural, environmental and economic
- Outdoor recreation and tourism management in parks & protected areas
- Legal aspects of sports
- The application of antitrust law in sports
- Collective bargaining and labor issues in sports
- Social issues in sport
Christine Wegner, (Ph.D., Temple University)
- Organizational and Social Identities
- Sport for Social Change
- Marginalized Groups and Sport
- Perceived Racial Discrimination and Leisure Travel
- Race and Leisure Travel