Across the campus, colleges and business units have gone beyond the individual donations and have organized some fun and creative special events to benefit the UFCC. Special Events allow you to raise additional cash and increase payroll deductions for the UF Campaign for Charities.
Here are some great ideas and fun ways to get your department involved in special events.
Check out what is going on this year and some successful events in the past on our Special Events Page.
Prizes and Incentives
- Dress Down Days
- UF swag
- Special Event tickets (athletic events, art, museum or theater shows)
- Gift Certificates: restaurants, groceries, movies, fuel cards.
- Department to Department Challenge – Start some friendly competition with your rival department to see who can increase their donations by the largest percentage over last year. The losing department may have to do something such as wash the cars of the winning department.
- Action Auction – Utilize the skills and talents of your co-workers and auction off skills or services of your staff members instead of items.
- Pie-an-Employee- Have jars or baskets set up in the office with each employee’s name on the jar or basket. After a month the employee’s jar with the most money raised gets a pie in the face.
- Crazy Costume Fundraising Contest- Choose a crazy costume and have the department compete to raise money to vote on who should wear the crazy costume. The costume winner would wear the costume all day on a designated date with a sign around their neck- “I am proud to wear this costume in support of the UFCC.” Costume ideas include: ballerina, princess, superhero, etc.
- Tricycle Race – Each racer has a donation jar and whoever has the most money in the jar wins and prize and also has the opportunity to eliminate themselves or a competitor. Whoever wins the race also receives a prize.
- Tug of War – This is a fun way to raise awareness for the UFCC! Winning team can win a prize or a donation jar can just be set out with participants and onlookers encouraged to donate. Check out the event from last year!
- Cornhole Competition – The donated entry fee from each competitor is donated to the UFCC and there is a prize for the winner!
- Karaoke Contest – Have colleagues compete in a karaoke contest, can be used with Penny Wars, the execs with the most money have to sing (think cliché karaoke songs, 80′s etc).
- Guess Who- Have employees bring in baby pictures and everyone has to pay to submit their vote.
- Cutest Employee Pet Picture Contest – Have employees pay to vote.
- Office Olympics – Set up an obstacle course in the lunchroom or a conference room. Time your contestants as they type a few paragraphs at one station, file at another, and photocopy at another station. Add in some other stations like pencil sharpening or making a paper clip chain. The contestants pay an entry fee, and the winner gets a prize.
- Biggest Weight Loss – Hold a contest to see who can lose the most weight over a month-long period. Each person pays a set amount for every pound lost or gained.
- Seasonal Greeting Card Sale– Have departments create greeting cards, depending on the season, and sell them to the other departments.