Graduate Certificate in Women’s Studies
If you are interested in earning a Graduate Certificate in Women’s Studies, you must turn in two applications:
- First, please apply through the graduate school using this link: http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/start.html
- Second, please also follow the application process outlined for the Center for Gender, Sexualities, and Women’s Studies Research detailed below and complete this application.
This Women’s Studies Certificate (WST) is designed for graduate students from any discipline who wish to focus on interdisciplinary issues related to feminist theory and practice. All graduate students in an MA or PhD program from all colleges at UF are eligible to enroll in this program. Applications for the certificate must be submitted to the Graduate Coordinator in Women’s Studies.
For the Certificate, students are required to earn 12 credit hours that include the following courses:
3 credit hours of Theory/methods course with WST designation—Choose from a core set of courses which includes:
- WST 5933 Proseminar
- WST 6508 Advanced Feminist Theory
- WST 6935 Special Topics (Varies)
9 credits of graduate level electives with at least 50% gender content. (Chosen in consultation with student’s primary advisor.)
Certificate work must be approved by the student’s Committee Chair, Center Graduate Coordinator and the Center Director via the Learning Outcome Assessment (LOA) form. Note: The student’s committee must consist of 1 faculty member affiliated with the Center for Women’s Studies and Gender Research.
- Master of Arts
- BA/MA Degree
- Concurrent Degrees
- PhD/MA Degree
- MA/JD Program
- Graduate Certificate in Gender and Development
- Graduate Certificate in Women’s Studies
- Graduate Admissions
- Graduate Handbook, 2015-2016
- Graduate Handbook, 2016-2017
- Graduate Handbook, 2017-2018
- MA Degree Planning