Services offered by DiBiG include:
- Data analysis, visualization and interpretation (including BigData applications);
- Development of ad-hoc analysis software and computational pipelines;
- Assistance on project design and proposal preparation;
- Use of high-performance computing infrastructure;
- Development of research-oriented websites and web-accessible resources.
- Database design, development, and integration;
DiBiG staff members have extensive experience in bioinformatics, genomics, transcriptomics, medical informatics, and translational research. Their technical skills include software and database development, big data analysis and statistics, and high-performance computing. The group also relies on the support of a number of UF faculty who are available to consult on specific projects on an ad-hoc basis.
DiBiG offers extended participation in externally funded research grants, with the goal to provide comprehensive bioinformatics support, specifically tailored to the evolving needs of long-term research projects. The DiBiG approach extends and complements current ICBR Bioinformatics services. DiBiG staff engage in longer-term support for research projects where having dedicated bioinformatics personnel is essential for winning proposals.