The Clemson 2020 Road Map
The Clemson 2020 Road Map is a 10-year strategic plan that calls for investments in faculty hires, student engagement, upgraded facilities and technology, and faculty and staff compensation – with most of the funding to come from existing resources and new revenues. The plan was approved by the Board of Trustees on April 15, 2011.
Core Components of the Road Map
Clemson will be one of the nation’s top-20 public universities.
Fulfill Clemson’s responsibility to students and the state of South Carolina
- to provide talent for the new economy by recruiting and retaining outstanding students and faculty and providing an exceptional educational experience grounded in engagement;
- to drive innovation, through research and service, that stimulates economic growth and solves problems;
- to serve the public good by focusing on emphasis areas that address some of the great challenges of the 21st century — national priorities such as health, energy, transportation and sustainable environment.
Invest in four strategic priorities:
- Enhance student quality and performance
- Provide engagement and leadership opportunities for all students
- Attract, retain and reward top people
- Build to compete — facilities, infrastructure and technology