New Student Checklist
These checklists were created to help identify tasks that should be completed prior to starting full time at Clemson. To make your transition to Clemson as smooth as possible, we highly encourage you to follow all three checklists and complete each task.
Register for Orientation
- Apply for University Housing
- Complete online Math Placement Test. Mandatory for freshman and transfer students. Failure to complete the test before your advising session may adversely affect your ability to register for courses.
- Complete online Foreign Language Placement Test if required for your major (freshman and transfer students). Scroll down to bottom of page for FLPT info; test will be available beginning June 11. Failure to complete the test before your advising session may adversely affect your ability to register for courses.
- Complete the Student Immunization Forms and submit proper documentation
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit final transcripts to Clemson Admissions
- Bring all credit evaluations and other materials sent by Clemson Admissions - Transfers Only
- Begin researching which laptop you will need to purchase. Online laptop setup tutorials are available.
- Review TigerOne (Clemson ID card) photo submission guidelines; then submit photo online
- Preview iROAR course registration program
- Review Clemson’s website, and jot down any specific questions you may want to ask at Orientation
- Download the Clemson app to your cell phone
- Attend all scheduled sessions
- Meet with college advisor
- Get Tiger 1 Card. A valid photo ID is needed to pick up your card.
- Complete registration and leave with a full schedule - 12 hours minimum
- Meet at least one person who can be a resource
- Ask questions, have fun!
- Check your Clemson email daily.Email is Clemson’s primary form of communication with you.
- Complete Orientation evaluation sent electronically
- Order your Clemson laptop
- Purchase Parking Permit- Commuter or resident passes are required if planning to park on campus
- Sign up for CU Safe Alerts - an emergency information texting system
- Contact roommate to plan for move-in
- Visit University Housing website for move-in updates
Register your valuables (laptop, bicycle, etc.) with Clemson University Police Department
- Ensure FAFSA complete and aid committed to your account
- Pay Tuition and Fees - University bill is available online
- Complete the Clemson Community Standards tutorial at Office of Community and Ethical Standards