New Student Checklist
These checklists were created to help identify tasks that should be completed prior to starting full time at Clemson. To make your transition to Clemson as smooth as possible, we highly encourage you to follow all three checklists and complete each task.
- Attend all scheduled sessions
- Meet with college advisor
- Get TigerOne Card. A valid photo ID is needed to pick up your card.
- Complete registration and leave with a full schedule - 12 hours minimum
- Meet at least one person who can be a resource
- Ask questions, have fun!
- Check your Clemson email daily.Email is Clemson’s primary form of communication with you.
- Complete Orientation evaluation sent electronically
- Order your Clemson laptop and pre-register for laptop workshop before classes start
- Purchase Parking Permit- Commuter or resident passes are required if planning to park on campus
- Sign up for CU Safe Alerts - an emergency information texting system
- Contact roommate to plan for move-in
- Visit University Housing website for move-in updates
Register your valuables (laptop, bicycle, etc.) with Clemson University Police Department
- Ensure FAFSA is complete and aid committed to your account
- Pay Tuition and Fees - University bill is available online
- Complete Think About It - an online training module on Title IX. This is a university requirement for all students, faculty and staff. You will receive an email notification when the training is activated for you.
- Complete the Clemson Community Standards tutorial at Office of Community and Ethical Standards