Board of Trustees
Policy: Student Organization Alcohol
Student Organization Alcohol Policy
Date of Approval:
January 30, 1998
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS AN OUT OF DATE POLICY THAT WE HAVE INCLUDED FOR HISTORICAL REFERENCE. INFORMATION ON THE CURRENT POLICY CAN BE FOUND IN THE "EDITOR'S NOTE" AND "OTHER VERSIONS" TEXT BOXES TO THE RIGHT.
- No University funds, including those raised by a student organization, may be used either directly or indirectly for the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
- No student organization shall sell alcoholic beverages.
- At any event sponsored by a student organization involving alcoholic beverages, that student organization is responsible for verification of the ages of guests and will be held responsible for ensuring that any alcoholic beverages are legally dispensed.
- At an event sponsored by a student organization involving alcoholic beverages, the cost of the alcoholic beverages may not be included in any admission, meal, or entertainment charge.
- No student organization shall collect a cover charge, donation, or admission fee, which entitles a guest to alcoholic beverages.
- No student organization may utilize alcoholic beverages as contest prizes.
- No student organization shall participate in any activity or promotion with an establishment whose primary business function is the selling of alcoholic beverages. No student organization shall enter into an agreement with said establishment with regard to the sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages. This shall include, but is not limited to, any of the following arrangements:
- The student organization sells or otherwise shares a profit from the sale of alcohol or serves as a cosponsor of an event involving alcohol with an establishment whose primary business is the selling of alcoholic beverages.
- The student organization advertises or distributes advertising for programs or activities sponsored by an establishment whose primary business function is the selling of alcoholic beverages.
- The student organization receives free or discounted room rental rates or other goods or services in exchange for holding an event with alcohol or meeting a bar receipt minimum.
Student Code of Conduct