Global Engagement

International Fellowships

Clemson University encourages outstanding students to apply for national and international fellowships and scholarships. Use the links below to find more information about major, highly competitive fellowships and scholarships that are specifically for international travel, research, and study. For a more complete listing of major fellowships and scholarships, visit the Honors College website. Note that you do not have to be an Honors College student to apply for one these fellowships and scholarships -- but, you do have to be an outstanding and highly motivated student. 

For a listing of other scholarships that you might be able to use for study abroad, visit our scholarships and finances page.

Boren Scholarships and Fellowships
The Institute of International Education awards Boren Scholarships for undergraduate students and Boren Fellowships for graduate students. Boren Awards provide unique funding opportunities for U.S. students to add important international and language components to their education. These scholarships are to study abroad in areas of the world that are critical to U.S. interests and underrepresented in study abroad, including Africa, Asia, Central & Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin American, and the Middle East. The countries of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand are excluded. Boren Scholarships (for undergraduates) provide up to $20,000 for an academic year abroad. Boren Fellowships (for graduate students) provide up to $30,000 for language study and international research. The internal Clemson University deadline is early January. Please contact Steve Wainscott for additional information. Brochure. Information Sheet. For more information about the Boren Scholarship and Fellowship award program, watch the Boren Awards webinars.   

Fulbright Program
The Fulbright Program is the flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government. It is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries.  It provides grants to study, teach and conduct research for U.S. citizens to go abroad and non-U.S. citizens to come to the United States. For additional information on the Fulbright program, contact Dr. Steve Wainscott.

Utility Links


Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.