Welcome Leaders image
Welcome Leaders are essential to Clemson Connect and provide support and guidance to incoming freshman and transfer students during their first six weeks on campus. Students are strongly encouraged to register who are eager to create new connections, help new students transition to Clemson and create memorable experiences.
- A desire to be part of a team, make a positive influence on new Clemson students, and take pride in Clemson University
- Must have completed at least one full academic semester at Clemson University
- A minimum GPR of 2.0 is required (prior semester and cumulative)
- Must attend Clemson in 2016 fall semester
- Be currently free of any academic or disciplinary probation as set by the Student Code of Conduct, the Academic Integrity policy and the Housing Contract (verified through the Office of Community and Ethical Standards)
- Positively impact the transition of new students to campus
- Develop a broad understanding of Clemson University
- Create lasting relationships with fellow Welcome Leaders and new students
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Excellent experience for your résumé
- Opportunity to share your love and excitement for Clemson
- Great way to give back to Clemson University
- Facilitate a small group (15-20) of new Clemson students during 2016 Clemson Connect
- Serve as a resource for your student group throughout Clemson Connect and into the fall semester
- Volunteer at Move-In Weekend and help facilitate and participate in Clemson Connect activities and evening events
- Be knowledgeable of the Clemson Connect schedule and student requirements for CU 1000
- Attend the Welcome Leader Leadership Development Series meetings throughout the spring in addition to summer training
How to Register?
Registering to be a Welcome Leader is an online process. We invite you and/or your entire student organization to participate in this engaging and exciting program. Welcome Leaders for 2016 Clemson Connect will be selected in the spring. Questions? Please contact Michael Wallace at New Student and Family Programs, telephone 864-656-0515.